(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cwig wrote:Any news? Will it be out this year? Name? Any screenshots?
Not only this year but EARLYthis year apparently :)

I'm guessing late early rather than mid-early. Early early has already passed.

Well in a previous post I defined early as up until April, so there is 6 weeks to go until the release.

It may be later...
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:It may be later...
Are you a beta tester?

pinki wrote:Well in a previous post I defined early as up until April, so there is 6 weeks to go until the release.

cwig wrote:
pinki wrote:Well in a previous post I defined early as up until April, so there is 6 weeks to go until the release.
Ah right. So is it your hypothesis that colin is just lying about working on it?

Or perhaps do you just somehow think that bleating 'are we nearly there yet?' every two minutes somehow makes the road get shorter?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

cwig wrote:
stanlea wrote:It may be later...
Are you a beta tester?
nope, but may is after april :D
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Will it be compatible with Windows 106? That's important as it will be the OS most PC users will be on following the release.

whyterabbyt wrote:Ah right. So is it your hypothesis that colin is just lying about working on it?
Come on, it was a joke!

But:

colin@loomer; Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 pm
I can't believe it's mid-March already: at the beginning of the year, I would have happily bet money on the new product being out by now too! ( We're on the cusp of having the beta feature list locked down: when this milestone is reached, and the final UI polish is complete, all shall be revealed. )

colin@loomer; Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 am
Aiming for a public beta this year; we're definitely on the home straight now.

two years later

colin@loomer; Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:03 pm
It's looking likely that I'll have a beta by the end of this year or thereabouts

colin@loomer; Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:04 pm
I may need an extra few hours

We will see.
Last edited by cwig on Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ThomasHelzle wrote:So I don't think it's unrealistic to expect it to be "slightly" better at it...
Cheers,

Tom
Actually it is completely unrealistic to 'expect' anything
1 There is actually no proof at this point that this project even exists (Yes it does, we know it does, Loomer is not a fly by night, but the fact remains)
2 Expecting a new plugin to be able to compete with one of the most powerful modular systems ever created again is complete nonsense
3 Expect nothing until the product is out and usable, all can change

I think the word you are looking for is 'Hope' not expect ;)
Duh

Whatever makes you happy mister bungle.
I have no stakes in this word game of yours.

If it turns out not to be better than Reaktor with midi (which is hard to imagine) I guess I'll start to write my own midi VSTs.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

bungle wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:So I don't think it's unrealistic to expect it to be "slightly" better at it...
Cheers,

Tom
Actually it is completely unrealistic to 'expect' anything
1 There is actually no proof at this point that this project even exists (Yes it does, we know it does, Loomer is not a fly by night, but the fact remains)
2 Expecting a new plugin to be able to compete with one of the most powerful modular systems ever created again is complete nonsense
3 Expect nothing until the product is out and usable, all can change

I think the word you are looking for is 'Hope' not expect ;)
Great programming is by no means restricted to certain big companies alone. Infact, as every software developer knows, every individual end-user will have his or her own take on what defines good or bad software. It's great that you think so highly of Reaktor but for many it just isn't held in such high regard - different strokes and so forth. What others can "expect" is also up to them to decide, but based upon the sheer amount of time(lol) and user feedback so far from Colin it's fair to say this will be a much more focused program than Reaktor as regards midi sequencing. The "expected" release date however, that is another fishy kettle...

but maybe your right and it doesn't even exist except inside the head of a madman who finds great pleasure in lurking about on forums, pretending to be a developer and teasing us all over the years with his wild fantasies, why he's probably not even called Colin, why would we expect that to be true, has anyone seen his birth cert? Pacefalm

I think Loomer has not released any new plugins in years, so probably his main income is from working for other companies because also developers have to eat and warm their houses.. So it might be a spare time project. He obviously is not in a hurry to release this and gain some extra needed income fast :clown:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

The drama. The entitlement.

I imagine that having sunk so much time into this that Colin is keener than anybody to see it released.

Why would he make it up?

Nobody is owed anything here are they?

Return to “Loomer”