!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dark water wrote:
Until ''IEpoch'' appears on the market - and I expect it will be coming within the next few weeks - I have plenty of other software tools to engage my interest in music without fussing over developers and their unreleased products.
I expect you have too.
Since you expect it within the next few weeks I guess you havent following this thread very long? :)

He have said it will be released very soon for years except for the last few months.

Not that it matters too much, but I've been following this thread since around page 2 (I just didn't post before now).

I've certainly had the fun of reading 32 pages of posts - mostly Colin explaining where he is with his product, various people praising him for his imaginative invention, and some people writing numerous posts which amount to little more than those 2 children squabbling in the car pic saying ''Are We There Yet???''

Regardless, Bungle's last sentence (in the post which I quoted) was undeserved, even though his first point was a good one.

I'll make a sportsman's bet that this is released before the end of October (ie within a few weeks) - no pressure Colin!

dark water wrote:
bungle wrote:Ever heard of feature creep ?
Put it out and do regular updates, it will do you more good than harm, putting it out as you think is perfect in another couple of years and thinking "I wont have to touch that code again" then realising that you have created the perfect software for you, and now the rest of the world is sayings "thats wrong, thats wrong, thats wrong" while you dont want to do updates, will achieve a couple of things, kill your reputation if you dont listen and change it, and break your heart.

You either need to get this out for testing or delete these threads, it has become something of a joke now, for people who dont read this forum, you are another developer who disappeared ;)

Bungle, whilst I agree with your suggestion for Colin to put out his product now and then introduce updates as necessary, the tone of your last sentence is completely undeserved.
Far from this thread being a joke (or indeed Colin a developer who has 'disappeared'), there are many interesting and insightful points made by him and others in this thread.

Yes, this product has (and continues to be) a long time in coming, but so what?
None of us except Colin have invested anything in it yet.

Until ''IEpoch'' appears on the market - and I expect it will be coming within the next few weeks - I have plenty of other software tools to engage my interest in music without fussing over developers and their unreleased products.
I expect you have too.
First there was no tone in my post, you HAVENT followed the thread at all or you do not understand what the word joke means, plenty of jokes are being made about the ridiculous length of time these threads have been active.
Second i did not say that Colin had disappeared, you are trying to create nonsense here when there is non, I quite clearly stated that for people outside of this thread, that would be the perception (no updates of previous products, no new products)
Third yes i am invested in this product because i am invested in Colin by owning every plugin he has made, until this thing is out i don't get updates to some of my most used plugins so that they work well on my hi res monitors
Fourth, get over yourself, you have no idea when this is coming out no matter what you 'expect' and while i have no 'tone' at all with Colin, i sure do with you now, go troll somebody else.
Duh

dark water wrote:Not that it matters too much, but I've been following this thread since around page 2 (I just didn't post before now).
But have you followed this thread?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=341953

Such a defensive and OTT response to a mild rebuke says a lot about your emotional intelligence and maturity bungle.
Your knee-jerk response to anyone mildly criticising you (and to someone who actually stated that they agreed with your other point) is to call them a troll.
I am no troll, as my other posts at KVR prove (and also as some of the mods who know me here might attest).

No, you haven't actually invested anything into this product despite your self-justification.
Also, what you posted about 'joke' and 'disappeared', and what you now claim you posted, are two different things - not helped by your misleading use of commas and clauses in the section I criticized:
bungle wrote:You either need to get this out for testing or delete these threads, it has become something of a joke now, for people who dont read this forum, you are another developer who disappeared ;)
Bottom line: you are telling Colin what he (apparently) needs to do.
As proven by your response to my mild rebuke, you don't like it when people tell you what to do or how to behave, so it's a tad ironic that you like telling others what they ''need'' to do.
To use one of your own phrases: ''get over yourself''.

Having followed this product thread since page 2, I am fully aware how some people are more impatient than others in allowing Colin to develop his product as he sees fit.
Maybe they think they are being funny when posting ad nauseum about the length of this product's development time?
Do you find them funny bungle?

When it comes out (and my guess is it will come out within a few weeks), I'm sure we will all be delighted.

Peace.
Last edited by dark water on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

firepile wrote:
dark water wrote:Not that it matters too much, but I've been following this thread since around page 2 (I just didn't post before now).

I am aware of that other thread, but I can not admit to reading each of those 90 pages @_@!!
Did you read every post there? :o

dark water wrote:
firepile wrote:

I am aware of that other thread, but I can not admit to reading each of those 90 pages @_@!!
Did you read every post there? :o
Yes, have been following the development for 5 years... 8)

Fair play :tu:

Tbh, I've already got myself a Cirklon so I'm sorted for sequencer duties at my studio. But when Colin's product comes out, it'll be great to have an awesome equivalent (and more) to use whilst I'm travelling with my laptop :phones:

dark water wrote:Such a defensive and OTT response to a mild rebuke says a lot about your emotional intelligence and maturity bungle.
Your knee-jerk response to anyone mildly criticising you (and to someone who actually stated that they agreed with your other point) is to call them a troll.
I am no troll, as my other posts at KVR prove (and also as some of the mods who know me here might attest).

No, you haven't actually invested anything into this product despite your self-justification.
Also, what you posted about 'joke' and 'disappeared', and what you now claim you posted, are two different things - not helped by your misleading use of commas and clauses in the section I criticized:
bungle wrote:You either need to get this out for testing or delete these threads, it has become something of a joke now, for people who dont read this forum, you are another developer who disappeared ;)
Bottom line: you are telling Colin what he (apparently) needs to do.
As proven by your response to my mild rebuke, you don't like it when people tell you what to do or how to behave, so it's a tad ironic that you like telling others what they ''need'' to do.
To use one of your own phrases: ''get over yourself''.

Having followed this product thread since page 2, I am fully aware how some people are more impatient than others in allowing Colin to develop his product as he sees fit.
Maybe they think they are being funny when posting ad nauseum about the length of this product's development time?
Do you find them funny bungle?

When it comes out (and my guess is it will come out within a few weeks), I'm sure we will all be delighted.

Peace.
Enough with the off topic essays and name calling, if you want to continue your tyrade of BS, do it in a PM to me, stop filling the thread with your off topic trash.

Edit*
Yep i just read some of your posts "I own this" "go buy that" "that is a rude post"
Like i said PM me if you want, stop posting OT
Duh

^^ it's hardly off topic bungle when you start making comments about what a developer apparently needs to do with this particular product, and someone calls you out on it directly.

The fact that you offensively call me a 'troll', call my comments 'BS', and say that I'm 'trash-talking' when I've simply raised an objection to your impatient comment on the previous page shows that you like to dish it out but you can't take it.

I've made my point clearly, and you've had your chance to explain yourself.
(And frankly, who knows what point you're making with that bizarre 'edit' above!).

Let's move on.
I look forward to Colin releasing his excellent product soon.

Peace.

Lets move on because you had the last word ?
I told you to PM me if you wanted to carry on, you ignored that, but that is to be expected of somebody who actually wants to use an analogue mixer to (Direct quote here) "for gain-staging any weak USB signals running between my Ableton 8 DAW and my Soundcraft MTK 22"
You obviously have no clue what you are talking about and i would advise you stay away from electronic items completely (If you don't know why that particular quote is utter stupidity, PM me and i will explain)
Duh

Like I said, let's move on bungle - not least because you've had the chance to explain your comments on the previous page, which I challenged, but all you're doing now is trawling through my old post history and trying to find anything - literally anything - to attack me with.
(Plus it will stop you from completely misunderstanding what's being talked about in another thread and coming out with further unnecessary, weak insults against me here).

Are you looking forward to Colin bringing out his exciting product soon?
I certainly am.

:phones:

dark water wrote:
and I expect it will be coming within the next few weeks

………. any idea what to answer?
Beer, Drugs, Mushrooms or Crystalls?

^^ let's hope I don't end up quoting this back at you within a few weeks, jowen!

You're the OP in this thread so, given the title and your opening post(s), do you think we'll be waiting until (at least) January 2020?
In which case maybe you're the one affected by ''Beer, Drugs, Mushrooms or Crystalls''? :box:

Let's see who's closest...

Running with coffee all the day and some beer for the night I was learning Numerology and Reaktor Core in the years waiting for !Epoch, So I have to be thankful to Colin that he gave me the time to learn.
But today it is only some fun for me here, think I do not need !Epoch any more.
Numerology and Reaktor is a wonderful and powerful combination, made some blocks that they could communicate together.

Return to “Loomer”