Clean Tones...

Official support for: kuassa.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have both your amp plugins and like them a lot for distorted tones, but I have a really hard time getting a good clean tone out of them. I can dial in 'decent' tones, but they are nowhere near the quality of the distorted tones and fall well short of the clean tones I can achieve with other amp plugins.

For one, volume drops way off when you set the gain levels where it doesn't distort, but even then, it's mostly still slightly crunchy. I have to compensate massively with the plugin master volume, because the amp master volume can't nearly make up for the volume drop.

Then, when I've dialled something in, the result is somehow not very 'sparkly' or 'vivid' or 'punchy'. I am able to get good clean tones fairly well with other amp plugins (e.g. Guitar Rig, LePou amp plugins), but with Amplifikation, the clean sounds always seem a little flat and almost a bit lifeless.

I've achieved some improvement to the punchiness by putting a compressor behind the plugin, but it's still not very 'sparkly' or 'alive'. Are the clean tones being worked on? Does anybody have any tips for achieving good clean tones with Amplifikation Creme and One?

You can try to use other cabinet impulse response using our impulse loader, or maybe mix-n-match Kuassa amp with other VST's cabinet (or vice versa)

Or, wait for our next product :)

Return to “Kuassa”