Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

I commend the the previous posts! +++ 1 +++
Another thing to add (at the decision of the new features with the sub tracks), this expansion results import midi files!
Now there are two options import midi files:
1. Midi file becomes of relative phrase and adapts to the main master track.
2. Midi file becomes the basis for a new composition with the new values ​​of the main master track (rest deleted)
I propose to create a third version of the results of import midi files!
I want the midi file was added to the existing composition (In the sub master track) but the whole composition I want to leave and to not erase! But would not be converted into a relational form, but would be analyzed (convert into a relational form I could and later)
Then I see the analysis of the new midi file in the composition (of course already phrases with the analysis of the original and it will be opened in a new sub master track) And now I see what a new phrase for what used scale or chord, or both! ..) Why do I be immediately converted to a relational form, perhaps in the original midi file uses scale or modes that I need ?
That's one of the great advantages that will give a new function using the sub master tracks!
Sorry for my English !

lulukom wrote:Then I see the analysis of the new midi file in the composition (of course already phrases with the analysis of the original and it will be opened in a new sub master track) And now I see what a new phrase for what used scale or chord, or both! ..) Why do I be immediately converted to a relational form, perhaps in the original midi file uses scale or modes that I need ?
You just reminded me of an on-demand chord analysis feature I had been thinking about regularly these past couple of months. I like how a chord analysis gets performed during a MIDI import. Is there a way to re-analyze an evolving RC composition by re-invoking the chord analysis algorithms on tracks in RC that I pre-specify? I think that one might first need to render all of the non-percussive phrases to absolute notes (I am assuming that the chord analysis in RC expects only absolute notes, and I am assuming that absolute notes do not rely on chords specified in the master track).

Here is an example use case: I have four tracks in RC that each represent a single melodic line. The tracks are rendered as absolute notes. Any chords that happen to already be defined in the master track may not (or no longer) actually correspond to the harmony implied by the combination of the four melody tracks, so I would like RC to analyze these four melody tracks and derive the chord names of the implied harmony and display them on the master track. Perhaps the key of the selected bars of the master track may be derived and displayed as well. In a nutshell, I want the same kind of functionality that happens during a MIDI import to be run on demand from within RC on the musical data of the current active composition. Is this something that could be done in RC?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hello!
For today, offered by me an improvement because I see it (maybe come up with something else) I think the picture all clear!
Do not consider the image as an illustration of musical material) .. It's just a visual diagram of some of the features ... Personally, my job would be several times faster!

Last edited by tonedef71 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Thanks, I corrected the original and now it seems to me that everything is visible

Removing a chord (from the master track ) gets very 'delicate' and 'touch explosive', to say the least. The tutorial suggests that a chord selection first be dragged over the chosen chord, then a double click, will then remove the chord ... 'kinda too delicate' . however, most of the time it doesn't EASILY happen. it either stays there, doubles itself, or other exotic things happen by shifting location . . .

Removing a chord should be one of the most basic and simple editing tasks, however, for me at least, it is like taking an IQ test, I almost always fail. :dog:

How about either simplifying it by adding some way to just 'delete' a specific chord selection, OR even better yet, adding a menu item on all the chord pallets which just says, REMOVE CHORD ... or ..NO CHORD ?

regards,

-- atonal

Re: Deleting Chords from the master track ..
.... sorry guys ... my bad !!!

I either did not carefully read ( or did not understand ) the proper way to delete chords .. I kept using 'control' when selecting the chord, instead of just 'simply' moving the cursor over the chord before clicking to delete ...

The documented way to delete a chord works ... I seem to be the only part of the process that doesn't work very well ..

Take care,

-- atonal

Hello Attila!

May I ask for a very simple request but which would be useful for me and probably for everyone concerning the comfort of use?

In the sub-tab "Miscellaneous" of the tab "Settings", at the tree "New Composition" could you give access to a personal default setting for:
  • Snap
  • Grid
  • Preview
  • Phrase Transpose
  • Phrase Resize
For the moment, those which are the most needed for me are "Snap" and "Grid" (I work almost always in 1/8 and 1/8 so I must set them each time I get back to RC, but it would be probably very useful to let everyone choose one's own default values) but I take the opportunity to ask for the three others since it is probably as easy to do in the same modification in the code.

Thanks in advance!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Another little request:

In the tab "Settings", sub-tab "Directories", could we have the ability to set one's own directory for the compositions?

It would be nice because for the moment if we choose to save our compositions in a different tree than the default one (which is "AppData\Roaming\RapidComposer", a good place for settings certainly, but a quite dangerous place to put personal files, above all the compositions) we get always an empty collection when we open this menu:
Hence an obligation to go deeply in the trees of the hard disk to find the right directory.

A little addition: and it would be awesome of course if it finds the rcCOMP files not only in the said directory but also in its sub-directories (it would allow to have a sub-directory per composition, much better to organize oneself).

Thanks Attila!
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Oups. Wrong thread

Hi lulukom,

I have already written a reply which I cannot see in this thread... Somehow it disappeared and this is not the first time.
Thanks for the screenshot that you prepared.
I hope others will comment on the usability/usefulness but I can imagine having several master tracks, and each track will use the chords/scales from the master track that precedes the track. Example:
[Main master track]
[Track 1] (using the main master track)
[Track 2] (using the main master track)
[Secondary master track]
[Track 3] (using the secondary master track)
[Track 4] (using the secondary master track)

Does this sound good?

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

BlackWinny wrote:In the sub-tab "Miscellaneous" of the tab "Settings", at the tree "New Composition" could you give access to a personal default setting for:
  • Snap
  • Grid
  • Preview
  • Phrase Transpose
  • Phrase Resize
Of course! Added them to the to-do list...
Unfortunately the new chord suggestions, and chord progression rules take more time to implement, so the next update will be a few weeks late, but I think it will be worth the wait.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila !
I continue to develop their ideas about how I see the program today ... I guess think up something else, despite the fact that Attila often ignores new offers))) Maybe he watches football?)))) But I know he has a lot of work!
I'm surprised that the answers may disappear from the forum!
I would like to hear from you on my notes!
Commenting on my new augmented image:
-To generate an interesting phrase in which, as in the song, there is a beginning, development and end, it is necessary to make it possible to allocate part of the phrase is generated and applied to the generator of the selected part of the phrase, then the command "Apply to selection" will affect the selection of the sentence ! That is, the generator will affect the entire phrase (as it is now done) or affect only the selected part of phrase. Then it will be possible to generate very lively phrases inner drama! And by the way is very bad that now the separation of phrases into two parts, separated phrases become is no longer generators, but conventional phrases and they already can not regenerated and can only generate a new phrase! The same thing happens when the phrase opens in phrasal editor! I would like to be able to regenerate the individual zones phrases! Button "Apply to selection" is, but this designation is incorrect, because only affects the entire phrase!
Perhaps you need to create yet and
THIRD SUB track (optional?)! This track to work with the rhythm (groove?) In the case where you need to generate a phrase to be used appropriate generator (something like made ​​a new opening menu for scales in the master track, but in the case of relative phrases can be applied such as the transfer of the groove of the other phrases or midi file! or used some other kind variant to change the rhythm! (see picture!)
And multiple phrases selected should also operate as a generator!
- But I stand by my opinion on what to phrases and tracks need locks to protect against accidental changes successful phrases and tracks! I have said many times I would like to return to the best phrases in the track, but I had already changed and of course they have already lost. Constantly save everything phrases do not want to, but if the phrase is played well and is in its place, it is better to close the castle!
(See picture!)
- TRACK VARIATIONS it would be good choose a special menu track how often do in the DAW! (See picture!)
Well, on a different ...
- In the bass generator still need to add density
- In phrasal variations should be staccato and legato individual regulators to find the exact length of notes
Thank you for your attention, please consider why I draw? Or ask me!))

Globally Adjusting the length of phrases when within a composition:

Would be nice if while within the composition window, user could manually adjust the 'length' of all global phrases ( i.e., each track gets altered synchronously ) from, say, 4 beats, to 8 beats, or to 16 beats .

This option/choice (of defining the length of the desired phrases) is presented/available when a user prepares to load a MIDI file, .. that is cool ... HOWEVER, I do not see an option within the already loaded composition to adjust or change that choice .. should be able to change ALL tracks globally-instantly

regards,

- atonal

lulukom wrote:Hi Attila !
I continue to develop their ideas about how I see the program today ... I guess think up something else, despite the fact that Attila often ignores new offers))) Maybe he watches football?)))) But I know he has a lot of work!
I'm surprised that the answers may disappear from the forum!
Hmmm... No I have never seen anything disappear from the present forum. And anyway Attila could not.

Attila examines EACH request. But when a request is a bit complex, it's necessary to take the time for reflexion to analyse everything, see if it can be implemented without making other features unstables (and also see if it is compatible with future requests already planned, remember my request in January of February about an equivalent to the traditional notation of the repetitions of parts), and all that takes time to be sure that it doesn't lead to a wrong way... then begin to exchange on the request.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”