RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

yellukhan wrote:Hi prado
if i understand you correctly
you need to create line before then you can define the scale, tempo,
time signature
in the right click menu

Got it! Thanks. So just use the '+' or +2' in the green circle to make a new line and then select it and make your changes.

Great. Must have had a brain freeze.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

By the time I wrote a reply the question was already replied with beautiful screenshots by Yıldırım!

J.F.K is also right. It is possible but uncommon to change key in the middle of a line. In a next version the scale name will be displayed on the master track, so the key changes will be clearly seen.

There is some help for "Harmonize Chords To Match Scale" if you leave the mouse on it. Basically it detects the scale degree of each chord in the old scale to use in the new one.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi
its me again
and here is my new year wishes
:)

Phrase Editor "ZOOM in/out"
this is probably already suggested ,if so count me +1
Phrase Browser
first cosmetic one:
i think would be handy if "Collapse All Groups"
has own dedicated button top of the browsers.

now the big wishes from the heart..

Phrase Preview:(optional)
Instant preview with "Start Snap" ( Bar , Beat , 1/2 1/4 beat etc. )
by one mouse click on the phrase,
also "Cycle/Loop Preview" with On-Off selection.

and
in long term wishes:
Phrase Save:
Store CC messages with Phrases ,
Store Variations with Phrases.

btw. i have to say this,
Thank you so much for the real time preview while arrangement playing,
its incredibly useful!

Warm Regards
Yıldırım

After using RC again the past few weeks, I find myself wishing for something I wanted before: to be able to drag a phrase from the beginning or left side of the phrase to either enlarge and bring the notes at the end or right side before the beginning of the phrase according to the selected "Phrase Resize" mode or to the right and create an 'offset' for the beginning of the phrase.

Once the 'offset' was created, I could then drag the entire phrase to a new beat while preserving where the altered phrase begins.

If this is for some reason unfeasible ... and I can imagine there may be some reason this would not work, then I wish there was a 'mask' that could be placed over the phrase like a two piece curtain which could be dragged around various ways to mute notes where the curtains cover and permit the notes to play where the curtains are open.

I hope I have conveyed in words something where a picture would be worth a thousand of them.

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

:oops:

also:
i agree como baila's suggestion

if we can drag left side of the phrases to access easily to
the different parts of the long phrases ,would useful.

Warm Regards
Yıldırım.

Hi
currently trying wonderful MG with orchestral legato strings,
it would be fantastic if the Staccato-Legato Variation will produce actual legato overlapping notes ,
or maybe a new variation to add extra definable ( 1/64 ..1/16 etc.) length to all notes.

Warm Regards
Yıldırım

i think it would quite practical and useful if we have a key combo
(Ctrl+Alt+Shif maybe) to select phrases in multiple tracks
i know we can disable "Inhibit phrase selection in multiple tracks"
but i am thinking a way to keep this active and just bypass temporarily,
also with this way we don't have to worry about the forget anything selected in other Parts/Lines.
Just click to the empty area in one of the tracks and you are free to go.
:)

Composition Window Horizontal and Vertical Scrolling:

I like the Cntrl Click and Drag function in the Time Ruler to quickly scroll in and out horizontally. I wish there was an equivalent function for vertical scrolling to see more or less tracks.

I think this, i.e., 'Cntrl Click and Drag' would be better implemented directly in the scroll bars themselves, as I see no equivalent place to the Time Ruler for vertical scrolling.

This is a 'small' issue, but still a little frustrating. When using RC VST I must frequently recalculate where I am by translating the RC Time Ruler in Beats to the typical Bars and Beats in my DAW.

I would like to see an option for setting the RC Time Ruler as Bars and Beats and count the Bars across the composition page in stead of (or in addition to) the beats.

In my opinion every function that behaves consistently with general Windows or MAC O/S and with general DAW GUIs makes RC more efficient, easier to use and more accessible to new users.

HELLO , Attila !
Once again I want to thank you for an excellent program RC!
This is exactly what stands between a creative person and DAW! Thank you!
During the study program, many things have become clear and developed its own methods of work ! Nevertheless, in my view, the program is far from perfect !
I want to tell you ( as will allow Google translator !))) , What would you like to see RC! Now I have a thick notebook with records ( ballpoint pen ) ) on possible improvements RC! Will gradually spread on our wish list. More time sorry for my English !
That's where I'll start:
-When I load a program I want to see it in the form in which I kept it!
   But!
  1. Resize broken! Tracks are compressed to the left of the screen!
  2.Loop playback off!
  3.Playback speed again began to default

Needs to be done in the first place !

1.avtosave with setting conservation interval (1 minute , 5, 10 , 30, 60 ) because sometimes the program crash

2.The program, which operates on the basis MIDI can not do without the development of midi player (when importing MIDI files of course) If this is a multitrack file should be able to select each individual track listening. Is not yet clear why the drums are sometimes defined as percussive, and sometimes as polyphonic? In the window midi import ( open ) window opens Finder ... do preview ( midi player ) with the function Autoplay . Well of course you can all call it a browser.( Otherwise it is impossible to understand what files to load , it is necessary to listen to them !

(Still need to make the creation of groups of tracks, so you can work with multiple tracks simultaneously)

3.In the main window for each phrase (where the magnets ) should be switches forms (absolute / relative is ) , and change the background color appropriate values ​​(absolute-blue / relative-green is ) . These switches must be the same for the whole track and the phraze! Otherwise, you never know in what form the phrase ? This should be immediately obvious !

4. There (where the magnets) should be locks for any changes (not to convert all the time from one form to another) For example, I played a successful phrase from the keyboard and do not want to act on her master track (master track of a conversation in front!) and the same for the whole track (castle)

5.Make shotcut on movement up and down the tracks!

6.Make shotcut to delete multiple tracks at once!

7.Make Drag and Drop everywhere - from DAW in RC, from track into phrase browther and vice versa,
And it is very important to do a drag and drop from RC in DAW each phrase separately (I often DO NOT NEED drags the entire track, but drags Lucky PHRASE TO MUCH MORE OFTEN.)

But the most important thing for me would be this:
Master track to become global (GLOBAL MASTER track), and each track must have a personal master track where I could choose the relativity of scale,modes and chords! And to be a switch which determines whether the master track currently valid track (global or personal)
And now if I want to change the scale or modes only one track (but I like the other tracks) I have all the tracks somehow block the effects of the master track (I am now converted to absolute form is long and complicated)
You can, as I wrote above, do the locks on the tracks, but you can master individual tracks switchable global-individual! And best of both!))

To be continued ...

Lovely phrase resize function!
But why is it only works from left to right?
Why not make "Full Stretch":
1. Stretch phrase left
2.Add a great tool "variation / limit the note range" resize phrases over a range with the mouse, ie resize all four sides! (Full Elastic!)

To be continued ...

Thank you for these great suggestions!

I implemented dragging the left side of the phrases today.
lulukom, you are right, a few properties are not saved with the composition, this will be fixed in the next update. The rest of your suggestions are great too.
2014 is going to be a busy year (again).

como baila: if you set the timebase to Bars.beats.ticks, the timeline will display bars.beats. Is that what you meant? I'll think about your ideas about resizing and the mask...

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

como baila wrote:Composition Window Horizontal and Vertical Scrolling:

I like the Cntrl Click and Drag function in the Time Ruler to quickly scroll in and out horizontally. I wish there was an equivalent function for vertical scrolling to see more or less tracks.

I think this, i.e., 'Cntrl Click and Drag' would be better implemented directly in the scroll bars themselves, as I see no equivalent place to the Time Ruler for vertical scrolling.
+1
might be more useful :
if we have this option via middle mouse wheel "scroll"
on the Track panel , default: scroll track list
with "Control" zoom in/out Vertical

I notice that if a phrase has been resized using one of the resize options, if you select it and then change the resize option, if you try to apply the new resize to the existing phrase, the entire phrase reverts as though it had only been resized with the current selection ... not a previous one.

I would like an option to 'fix' the resized phrase so that it was no longer linked to the original phrase and you could continue to apply different resize options to it, 'fixing' it ... as a photographer fixes a developeing photo ... at any desired stage of having been resized.

i think we have that:
right click menu / Render Phrase With Variations?

hmm
(side note)
just tried with my chord progression phrases
which i keep them as static -absolute phrase...
Render Phrase With Variations
was not working for Absolute Forms.

in this example they are my progression database
and RC does great job when i apply:
Convert to Relative Form / Replace Master Track Chords...
but if phrase stretched i get non stretched chords on the master track,
so i have to correct the chords one by one manually.
would nice if we can apply/render Variations (stretch) to the absolute phrases too.

yellukhan wrote:i think we have that:
right click menu / Render Phrase With Variations?
Yes ... but I'd like to have it continue to be a phrase generator, not a rendered phrase.

Probably asking too much! :lol:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”