Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Can we have a Bar Timeline Offset adjustment for count-in, intro or lead ins.
If you are using RC as a vst or a midi clock slave the bars need to line up with the host bar that may have a 2 bar count-in.

Thanks.

Last edited by crossovercable on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I see, very good request, crossovercable.
Yes, it would make sense. Added to the to-do list... I try to implement it shortly.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:I see, very good request. .

Thanks Attila ! you are the man.
I asked Toontracks for that but they could not understand why you would need it ! LOL

I may have missed it but I can't find how to drag notes vertically only in Note Editing & Phrase Editor so they don't go out of time, normally you just hold the shift key and drag up or down in most editors.

did you tried keyboard Up & Down arrows?

crossovercable wrote:I may have missed it but I can't find how to drag notes vertically only in Note Editing & Phrase Editor so they don't go out of time, normally you just hold the shift key and drag up or down in most editors.
Yes, keyboard up and down arrow should work.
If I remember well, the possibility for moving notes vertically only was removed, because all the key modifier (Ctrl/Alt/Shift)+drag combinations are used for other things.
However this should be improved, because at the moment Shift-drag changes the time offset in Phrase editing mode (not sure if it makes sense), and it disables snap temporarily in Note editing mode during dragging. Shift+drag should behave the same, maybe a preference for what it should do: either "disabling snap" or "move notes vertically".

Thanks!
Attila

What about Shift + Win Key ?

Or have a modifier:

Miscellaneous > Export Chords as Midi Markers when Exporting Midi.
This will give the chords in any DAW from the Imported RC midi.

Last edited by crossovercable on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't want to overload you here, but I'm just trying to find and option to return the play head to current cursor start position on stop,
it is currently playing from the stopped position.
Maybe you could have an option in the Transport Inspector.

"RETURN / ENTER Stop Playback/Jump To Beginning"
don't work.

When you drag n drop midi in from an external midi loops folder on to the track the original name "folkch04.mid" is removed and "midi" is used, so you can't keep track where it came from as you may have others in the same style you could use.
If you could keep the original filename instead of "midi" or have it in the Phrase Inspector that would make things easier.

Great Program ! keep up the good work.

In VSTi's you have key switches for different articulations etc..
So in RC I have my Relative Phrase and my Absolute Phrase for the VSTi key switches but if I "Glue" the them together to easily move them along the timeline they both become Absolute.
If there was an option to glue them together and remain in the same state or be able to have a "Lock" option in the Phrase Inspector only when it's in an "Absolute" state so it locks to the same notes so when it is dragged horizontally across the timeline it stays on the same notes (key switches).
So I can Glue them or select (highlight) together and drag them anywhere, with the Relative Phrase being dragged to any octave of any chord yet the Absolute Phrase remaining on the same notes (key switches).

I could not find a setting to read the imported midi chords from root position. like i'm getting a Gsus2 instead of a Dsus4.

I need the chords to be the same, Band in a Box exports the chords from the chord track to a midi file.

If I change the D chord to a Dsus4 it will be the same as the Gsus2 but when I correct the Gsus2 to a Dsus4 it will do an inversion.

Hi crossovercable,
crossovercable wrote:Miscellaneous > Export Chords as Midi Markers when Exporting Midi.
This will give the chords in any DAW from the Imported RC midi.
I implemented this in the latest beta version, v3.1b8.
crossovercable wrote:When you drag n drop midi in from an external midi loops folder on to the track the original name "folkch04.mid" is removed and "midi" is used
This is also fixed in the beta version.
crossovercable wrote:Maybe you could have an option in the Transport Inspector.
"RETURN / ENTER Stop Playback/Jump To Beginning"
don't work.
Right, it was my mistake when setting up the keyboard shortcuts, Shift+Enter was the default one. It is fixed for new installations but existing shortcuts are not modified by the fix.
You need to click on Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts tabs, then look for "Stop Playback/Jump To Beginning" under Workspace, then change the shortcut to be Return only.

Thanks,
Attila

Awesome thanks, very much appreciated !!!
With the play head return, it goes all the way back to the very start of the song, when you click ahead to listen to a part and you want to play it again from the same position you have to keep clicking where the section starts, it would be good to have an option to return to the same position it started play from, not the very beginning. I know there a loop repeat but takes a bit of messing around.
But don't worry too much about it.

It would be good to have the imported midi chords analyzed from their root as in previous post.

crossovercable wrote:it would be good to have an option to return to the same position it started play from, not the very beginning.
A new 'action' was added today under "Keyboard Shortcuts", so this will be possible in the next beta version. You can assign it to the 'Return' key if you want.
crossovercable wrote:It would be good to have the imported midi chords analyzed from their root as in previous post.
The good news is that this is also fixed. sus4 chords were always detected as corresponding sus2 chord. Thank you for reporting this issue.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”