Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Hello,

I sent the png to you in e-mail not long ago.
I'll implement setting note properties for multiple notes in a few days.
v2.53 was released today with some features implemented that was requested on this forum. Enjoy!

Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

tonedef71 wrote: Hmm... perhaps these two 64 x 64 images can serve as temporary stand-ins until you get the official versions. You will probably have to convert them from JPG to PNG, I am guessing:
Thank you.
musicdevelopments wrote:Hello,

I sent the png to you in e-mail not long ago.
I'll implement setting note properties for multiple notes in a few days.
v2.53 was released today with some features implemented that was requested on this forum. Enjoy!

Attila
i feel a little bit lazy today ,sorry for the delayed replies.:)
i received and already using it!
also already installed the official 2.53
thanks for the png and for this great news!

please ignore if this is already suggested,
"Half Speed Variation"
when i use triple variation,
often i am thinking , i wish we had "Half" variation too.
might be very handy.

edit:

currently i am trying to create and save chord progressions that contains
two or more scale changes...
i was happy like a kid when i discover scales in the chord right click menu,
but seems no way to store scales with progression data,
it would be really great if we can save progressions
with defined scales.

edit2
before go to sleep,
i want to expand this,
didn't want to open new topic
seems they are somehow related to me.
also please consider this is semi question semi suggestion,

i am really wondering
how to use properly Melody Generator (MG) with non traditional scales.
to being more specific let say we have this progression :

(Fm + Gb + Eb + Ebm7 )

except the "Eb" all in the Db Major Scale
with this extra chord Reaper scale finder says : 8 notes , C#Japanese

i already prepared this japanese scale in the RC
but if i use it as master scale MG doesn't produce good result
which is quite normal , understandable to me...
because it uses all 8 notes for whole arrangement...anyway .
as i said above, i realized, we can define the different scales for chords in the timeline,

and for this example i am using Eb Major Scale for this "Eb" chord part.
so two scales.. Db Major for the master scale and Eb Major for this chord
problematic part is :
if MG covers two chords ( "Eb" + Ebm7 in this example )
seems it uses first chord+scale as a reference ,
because first half part of generation is always correct
but the second half part of same MG, produces out of scale notes sometimes...

is there is a solution or workaround for this?
or setting to adjust in the MG?
any help / tip would be greatly appreciated!

Warm Regards
Yıldırım

Thank you, Yıldırım!

A 'Half Speed Variation' would make the phrase 2x longer, just like when you resize it using the 'scale' mode. I am not sure about its usability.

The Melody Generator, as you realized, uses one scale and is not prepared for scale changes. This can be implemented if needed. As a workaround, you can insert a separate MG for Eb, so that you have 3 MGs: one for Fm+Gb, one for Eb, and one for Ebm7. This way you can use any scales for Eb. I put this on the to-do list, MG should work well under these circumstances.

Thanks,
Attila

yes seems using multiple MG is only solution for now.
Thank you!

also

currently no way to store scale change data with progression,
if i didn't miss something obvious.

what do you think about "Save Progression with defined Scale(s)" ?

Warm Regards

Hello, I'd like to be able to drag chords as midi, right from the chord palette (in all views) on to a track in stand alone mode as well as dragging chords from the palette as a plugin to tracks within a daw. With defaults for the length of the chord. Also live recording from the palette using the mouse on to a track in stand alone mode as well as on to a daw's track when used as a plugin. thanks.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Yes, it would make sense to store the scales too for a progression.

There are plans to remove the 'Progression Editor' page, and make it part of the chord palette. I think it would be a better workflow to build a progression where the chords are.

musicdevelopments wrote:Thank you, Yıldırım!

<snip>

The Melody Generator, as you realized, uses one scale and is not prepared for scale changes. This can be implemented if needed. As a workaround, you can insert a separate MG for Eb, so that you have 3 MGs: one for Fm+Gb, one for Eb, and one for Ebm7. This way you can use any scales for Eb. I put this on the to-do list, MG should work well under these circumstances.

Thanks,
Attila
This is a question ... and depending on the answer an inferred suggestion.

Yildirim's question about changing the scales in a progression reminded me of it ... which is why I'm entering it here.

In the structure inspector I can define a key and scale for the composition. But can I define additional ones at some later point in the time line?

In other words if I wanted to modulate to a new key and scale, can I use the structure inspector to enter such a change at, for example, beat 256 (bar 64)?

To me, it would make more sense to be able to add scale and/ or key changes through the structure inspector than through the chords as you would have one common place to reference all the key/ scale changes in the composition (that is from the structure inspector) as opposed to having to look at the setting for individual chords.

So, question: can we add additional key/ scale changes in the structure inspector?

And, if we cannot, suggestion: permit the implementation of additional key and/ or scale changes through the structure inspector.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

In the structure inspector I can define a key and scale for the composition. But can I define additional ones at some later point in the time line?
Yes. There are no limitations. You can change key multiple times even in one line.
Don't think of chord boxes on the master track as 'chords' only. They are the lowest level in the hierarchy, but these boxes can have their own scale, tempo and signature, just like lines or parts.
In a next update the master track will show the scale too.

musicdevelopments wrote:
Yes. There are no limitations. You can change key multiple times even in one line.
Don't think of chord boxes on the master track as 'chords' only. They are the lowest level in the hierarchy, but these boxes can have their own scale, tempo and signature, just like lines or parts.
In a next update the master track will show the scale too.
I'm not sure I explained myself. In the main structure inspector (master track?) I see:

1 My song (128)
C Minor Harmonic, 98 BPM,

Now I'd like to make a key change at beat 129 to look like:

129 My Song (?)
E Major, 112 BPM,

by adding a new key/ scale and tempo directly in the structure/ inspector to change the master track going forward.

How do I do this?

(I don't know how to attach a link to a photo here ... so I will send you an attachment.)
Now I do!Image
Last edited by como baila on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

como baila wrote:(I don't know how to attach a link to a photo here ... so I will send you an attachment.)
Check out the following forum sticky post entitled "Tip: How to embed images into forum posts". It is worth a read. :wink:

tonedef71 wrote:
como baila wrote:(I don't know how to attach a link to a photo here ... so I will send you an attachment.)
Check out the following forum sticky post entitled "Tip: How to embed images into forum posts". It is worth a read. :wink:
Thanks, Tony!

Hi prado
if i understand you correctly
you need to create line before then you can define the scale, tempo,
time signature
in the right click menu

You do not even need the structure editor for this. As Attila already has pointed out, you can also change the scale directly at the master track. Right click on a chord will open an inspector where you can change the assigned scale.

But a question arises here: What exactly does the "Harmonize Chords to Match Scale" checkbox do? Does it override the chosen chord if its notes do not match the Scale?

J.F.K. wrote:You do not even need the structure editor for this. As Attila already has pointed out, you can also change the scale directly at the master track. Right click on a chord will open an inspector where you can change the assigned scale.

But a question arises here: What exactly does the "Harmonize Chords to Match Scale" checkbox do? Does it override the chosen chord if its notes do not match the Scale?
Yes, I know that ... but the problem with that method is the scale and/ or key change can get buried in the composition: There is no overview.

That's why I believe the structure inspector is the logical place for this function. It is also the logical place for a tempo change in the master track.

Here you can see all the key/ scale changes in the composition in a single view.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”