Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

It happened to me several times under progressions and I just confirmed if you select a progression and then click Delete button it deletes the progression with no warning message!

If I completely reinstall will I get those back? Or is there another way to restore deleted progressions?

Also, even when the warning works it would be best not to have a Delete button close to a Preview button IMO.

I just realized you must have written this about v2.73. Please download v2.8 where there is no 'Delete' button next to 'Preview', and you are always asked before deletion.

If you remove all .rcCHPR files (there should be 2) from C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\RapidComposer\DB or ~/Documents/RapidComposerV2/DB depending on which OS you use, these files will be recreated when you upgrade to v2.8 (which can be downloaded now).

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks Attila for the improvements. I love RC2.8 so far. One quick question - is there any way to specify the note velocity from within the phrase editor itself? The Note Accent field only allows "Strong, Medium, Weak" and does not allow me to specify a velocity unless I actually leave the phrase editor and edit it in the Track, which isn't an intuitive workflow.

Many virtual instruments switch articulations at specific velocities so it would be great to be able to specify this within the phrase editor.

Hello guitarmanchu,

if you use the UP/DOWN arrows in the Note Accent field, you can set the velocity. Unfortunately double-clicking on it to enter the value directly does not work, because it is a pop-up menu, but now I know how it will work in 2-3 weeks when the phrase editor will be rewritten. I promise it will be very intuitive to use...

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks for all the improvements and hard work!

Loving 2.8 so far! One small request though...

That very cool button that closes all open items on the browsers? We could really use that on the Variations browser too! The Variations browser is so busy with all of the cool options but I'd love to be able to close them all like the other browsers.

One other thing while on this subject...it would be so nice if the browsers remembered my choices between runs of RC. Currently when I quit and load again all browsers are once again open. I'd love to be able to set my typical preferred config on each browser and then have RC remember that every time I load.
Last edited by JohnBullFrog on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

+1 !
I begged about this Attila (paras 1 and 2 ..) in the last year!

Would make sense, if the Algorithm for the MIDI import could be set individually for each track of the imported file.

JohnBullFrog wrote:That very cool button that closes all open items on the browsers? We could really use that on the Variations browser too!
Good point! It was forgotten somehow, but now it is added to the Variations browser. You will find it in the next update or beta version.
JohnBullFrog wrote:One other thing while on this subject...it would be so nice if the browsers remembered my choices between runs of RC. Currently when I quit and load again all browsers are once again open. I'd love to be able to set my typical preferred config on each browser and then have RC remember that every time I load.
This will also be implemented in the next update.

Thanks,
Attila

J.F.K. wrote:Would make sense, if the Algorithm for the MIDI import could be set individually for each track of the imported file.
Very interesting, J.F.K.! I added this to my notes; the MIDI Import page will be revamped very soon.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila!
Thank you for the new version!
I have a lot of new proposals and amendments, but now I want to write about the most important (in my opinion at the moment) ...
I beg you to answer me on all points!
1. Automatic to set the cycle selected phrase +
    Automatically to set cycle selected phrase and immediately play
2. Phrases generators in the composition have a history of (very good!),
     but history is necessary for all of the phrases in the composition, not only for phrases generators!
3. Need a the ability to insert a new scale in the master track without creating a new chord! Now you can not insert additional scale on one chord and the need to create another chord to insert a new scale ...
4. I have several MIDI controllers and would like to be able to assign the same time MIDI input-output for different sources
5. Timeline can often draw beyond the open line, eg line 1.1-5.1 can play cycle 1.1-5.2. But this is not seen, but heard that the cycle is not even playing!
In short, the timeline is not to be drawn outside the visible window!
6. It would be nice to do (optional) visibility names of the notes on the keyboard in the main window of the composition
7. To make it convenient to constitute the composition of the blocks (in this case of the lines), need to be able save not only the composition as a whole, but also to keep the line and party! And probably provide a composition which place they will be loaded.
This will allow quickly upload has finished blocks line in the composition! Maybe tomorrow I'll make a new song from the old, but favorite lines!))))
Thank you for your attention!
I hope that my suggestions will not go unheeded!
Sincerely lulukom

drag RC projects from windows explorer to RC
i can't tell this is how useful & lovely feature! :tu:
Thanks!

Hi lulukom!

I try to answer to all points.
lulukom wrote:1. Automatic to set the cycle selected phrase +
    Automatically to set cycle selected phrase and immediately play
This is a good idea! I plan to add this for the next update.
2. Phrases generators in the composition have a history of (very good!),
     but history is necessary for all of the phrases in the composition, not only for phrases generators!
I think it is not worth to store each editing state of a phrase. If you think that you will use it later, you can save it in the browser. (There is a 'reload' button added in the phrase browser as you requested.)
3. Need a the ability to insert a new scale in the master track without creating a new chord! Now you can not insert additional scale on one chord and the need to create another chord to insert a new scale ...
I am afraid this is not possible. The master track consists of small building blocks, which can change the scale/chord/tempo/beats per bar. If you want to insert a scale change at position X, there must be a building block that is beginning at X.
4. I have several MIDI controllers and would like to be able to assign the same time MIDI input-output for different sources
OK, this is added to the to-do list. Even today you can send any tracks to any MIDI device.
5. Timeline can often draw beyond the open line, eg line 1.1-5.1 can play cycle 1.1-5.2. But this is not seen, but heard that the cycle is not even playing!
In short, the timeline is not to be drawn outside the visible window!
This was a bug which is fixed now. Thanks for reporting it!
6. It would be nice to do (optional) visibility names of the notes on the keyboard in the main window of the composition
The keyboard will be improved in v3.0.
7. To make it convenient to constitute the composition of the blocks (in this case of the lines), need to be able save not only the composition as a whole, but also to keep the line and party! And probably provide a composition which place they will be loaded.
This will allow quickly upload has finished blocks line in the composition! Maybe tomorrow I'll make a new song from the old, but favorite lines!))))
Thank you for your attention!
I hope that my suggestions will not go unheeded!
Sincerely lulukom
So you would like to save only a short section (e.g. selected timeline region, one track or all tracks?) and later insert it into another composition? Yes, this makes sense. I added this to my to-do list. Which is thiiiis long. :hyper:

Thank you for your suggestions!
Attila

yellukhan wrote:drag RC projects from windows explorer to RC
i can't tell this is how useful & lovely feature! :tu:
Thanks!
You are welcome, yellukhan! It was easy to add...
Attila

Which thread contains the new beta announcements?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”