Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

When you Ctrl-click a track title, you start to drag the MIDI representation of the track, ready to drop on a DAW, Explorer window, or RapidComposer window. When you drop it on RapidComposer it is considered MIDI importing. Unless you insert it in a track directly.

I do not know why Jamstix opens its editor immediately. I'll check it.

Thanks,
Attila
tonedef71 wrote:Why does ctrl-clicking any minimally sized track cause the MIDI Import tab to become active? One clue is the message box that appears when I switch back to the main composition window:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:When you Ctrl-click a track title, you start to drag the MIDI representation of the track, ready to drop on a DAW, Explorer window, or RapidComposer window. When you drop it on RapidComposer it is considered MIDI importing. Unless you insert it in a track directly.
Thank you for the explanation. I guess when a track is at its the minimum possible vertical height, clicking it triggers the drag & drop action? :shrug:
musicdevelopments wrote:I do not know why Jamstix opens its editor immediately. I'll check it.
Thanks for looking into this. It is very frustrating to deal with.

:?: With regard to the other problem I brought up, is there any other way to unselect the track other than clicking the blank area beneath the last track header? Also, should the state of a track's selected status be saved with the composition when RC shuts down? Other editor widget states, such as the selected state of the looping toggle button, are not saved when RC closes down.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:
musicdevelopments wrote:I do not know why Jamstix opens its editor immediately. I'll check it.
Thanks for looking into this. It is very frustrating to deal with.
I installed the trial version of Jamstix. Indeed it opens its window, but it is not supposed to. I can't even make a workaround.
This is an issue in Jamstix, please contact their support.
Tell them that a plug-in should never open a window when it receives effEditGetRect. It is the hosts responsibility to open an editor window if and when the user needs it. In fact the plug-in should not open a window itself (or change the window's visibility) in effEditOpen or afterwards. Never. I hope they can fix it soon.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks for investigating Attila. I sent a PM to Ralph on the Rayzoon forums about this issue; I will share with you his response(s).

So far, I have only encountered this modal dialog window issue with the Jamstix plug-in when RC is the DAW host. I should try adding Jamstix to some other VST hosts that I have, just to see what happens. Unfortunately, many VST plug-in hosts do not seem to work well with JamStix; I believe it is because they do not provide a transport control mechanism that resets the playback head position back to zero (a la a rewind action).

--Tony
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Thanks, Tony.

Update on the EZdrummer/EZkeys problem (no sound when the project is reloaded): A programmer at ToonTrack is already investigating it. He found that presets do not load in EZdrummer, because a timer event - that the plug-in successfully subscribed to - does not arrive. We tried to figure that out but we couldn't. I offered that I was ready to add a workaround in RC for this particular case. (The situation is complicated because a plug-in should not rely on any timers to restore its state.) ToonTrack is nice because they are dealing with this problem, and they sent me an NFR version of EZdrummer, so I can test the stability issues with RC+EZdrummer, which they believe EZdrummer is not the cause of.

Can't seem to open RC in this system since a few days:
Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH
Nombre de la aplicación: RapidComposer_x64.exe
Versión de la aplicación: 0.0.0.0
Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 575445a0
Nombre del módulo con errores: RapidComposer_x64.exe
Versión del módulo con errores: 0.0.0.0
Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 575445a0
Código de excepción: c0000094
Desplazamiento de excepción: 00000000002b4dd5
Versión del sistema operativo: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Id. de configuración regional: 1033
Información adicional 1: f6c2
Información adicional 2: f6c2afeb35b140dee989fdeb3a7d606d
Información adicional 3: b02d
Información adicional 4: b02d551454faa7968a053dd1b2ac02d7

Installing v3.02 did not produce changes (still crashes). Tried administrative privileges -> no changes.
Running on W8.1pro(64) i7 16GB ram 850proSSD. This is my everyday 0S platform (not my W7pro(64) performance/producing one).
I usually modify Win registry, lately to tame its aggressive gwx-related bloated nonsense, with no perceptible effects in other software.

This is a 'divide by zero' exception, probably because of a special error condition.
I would love to reproduce this so would you send me the last composition file that you were working on (to the info@... address).

You will be able to start RapidComposer if you hold down the Ctrl key when you start it, and keep holding it down until it fully started.

Thanks!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: You will be able to start RapidComposer if you hold down the Ctrl key when you start it, and keep holding it down until it fully started.
I might be doing something wrong, it crashes the same even while I am still pressing and holding down Ctrl. Suggestions?

If the crash is because of audio, you may try to hold down the Alt key during start-up. What is the last message that the program displays before the crash? "Setting Audio" or "Loading last composition"?

I would try to uninstall and reinstall it by 'Unblocking' the installer executable (in the .exe file properties) and run it as Administrator.

If all fails, you can still rename or delete the settings file in the following locations:
Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RapidComposerV3\Settings
OS X: ~/Documents/RapidComposerV3/Settings

It is also possible that one of the chord/scale/progression/phrase/rhythm library file was damaged in the DB directory.
Would it be possible that you send me the contents of your RapidComposerV3 directory zipped so that I can try to reproduce this crash?

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks Attila,
I am moving to a new location these days, so will try them out next week.
No hurries in this side.

While working in RC, all of a sudden, phrase generators create phrases that cannot be selected. I also notice that pop-up hover help stops working.

When I close RC down and restart, the features resume working again... until they stop working again later. :shrug:

I am running the latest version of RC (v3.0.2) on Windows 10 x64.

I regret that I have been unable to come up with a list of steps to reproduce these issues; right now the issues just seem to happen during normal usage of RC.

Here is a link to a GIF video capture to demonstrate the issues happening; here is a link to a GIF video capture with the features working again after RC has been restarted.

Now that you mention I also realized that the pop-up help sometimes stops working. I don't know why.
I will keep my eyes open, and check a few things when this happens next time.

tonedef71 wrote:... I also notice that pop-up hover help stops working.

When I close RC down and restart, the features resume working again... until they stop working again later. :shrug:

I am running the latest version of RC (v3.0.2) on Windows 10 x64.

I
I have also had this experience with intermittent HELP display on a Mac Mini running latest OSX and RC (release).

Hello Nspace,

I think I managed to fix this bug in the new beta version (v3.1b3).
Please try that when you have a chance.

Thanks,
Attila
Nspace wrote:Thanks Attila,
I am moving to a new location these days, so will try them out next week.
No hurries in this side.

Update on the EZdrummer/EZkeys problem:

I was wrong about ToonTrack when I assumed they care about fixing this bug (EZdrummer/EZkeys does not load samples).
According to their programmer the bug is in RapidComposer which I cannot agree.
RapidComposer as a host has nothing to do with an issue when a plug-in does not load its internal samples.
In the end I will have to add some ugly hack that is executed only for ToonTrack products. :(
I am not happy about this and very disappointed...

Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”