Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Hello Attila!
Thanks for the update ...
An interesting new variation of "extract Rhythm"
but it is still not clear why the slider works only for setting of absolute notes? Or am I still do not understand how it works?
Thank you!
Sincerely lulukom

Thanks for the help with download link!

In the past I liked using the bass generator for creating drum parts, but getting the notes mapped to the sounds I wanted was always a bit of a pain. The new extract rhythm variation makes things really easy now, especially with the absolute note option! :tu:

Hi Attila,

Thank you for the update!

I too am a bit unclear how to use the new Extract Rhythm. Would you be able to provide some guidance?

Thanks,
Forrest

Excellent new variation (i mean "Extract rhythm", sure :)), Attila! May be one of the best IMHO :clap:
The only humble request, which I dare to ask is to add an option for..."extracting the extracted rhythm" as NEW PHRASE :D It could be a huge help for "rapid glueing" of different parts/instruments rhythmically.
And I am very happy also to see that you finally began to ameliorate Phrase Editor :hihi:
There are a lot of items to improve there, IMHO (BTW, I would like to ask you also to add the possibility for group editing of note velocities there - currently it's still very unpleasant work), but last additions are very promising indeed :)
Way to go, maestro! :tu:
My best wishes,
T.
P.S. I noticed some minor buggy things in last beta: e.g. if you resize the height of the track in composition window and THEN choose to use Note Editing (F2 option), suddenly everything disappears :ud:

I added "Extract Rhythm" when a user requested that he wanted to create bass phrases from a melody phrase, by using the rhythm of the melody and simplifying the phrase.
However the next update will have an even more powerful addition than "Extract Rhythm", read on.
The only humble request, which I dare to ask is to add an option for..."extracting the extracted rhythm" as NEW PHRASE
Someone is reading my mind...:)
In the next update you will be able to 'copy' or 'ghost copy' the rhythm only from one phrase to the other.
The same way as you copy a phrase, but using the Ctrl key: Ctrl+drag (copy rhythm) or Ctrl+Shift+drag (ghost copy rhythm).
If you drop the rhythm on a non-generator, the notes will be sliced according to the rhythm.
And I am very happy also to see that you finally began to ameliorate Phrase Editor
Right, the improvements has just begun. There will be a new 'Note Inspector' :) which will allow you to set any property (e.g. velocity) for multiple notes at once. I am not sure when the final v2.9 will be released, probably never :(
OK, it was a joke, but after beta36 I should seriously consider releasing something. :hihi:

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila!
Once we talked about what it will be possible do "extract the rhythm of the loaded MIDI file" and the transfer rhythm on any phrase!
It would be very necessary and is not associated with work of generators.
Sincerely lulukom

A friendly reminder of the request to have some sort of generator that randomly selects a phrase out of a folder of phrases. I can't stress enough how much this would help my workflow. If you're composing any music that requires instrument solos or riffs, this would be a huge, huge timesaver, as you can simply point it to the folder containing all of the different riffs, and you know you'll get something that follows the idiom you're composing for.

Sorry that should have been posted in the feature requests thread. My apologies.

Thanks in advance, Attila, for your generous bunch of supposed new features/improvements :)
musicdevelopments wrote:Someone is reading my mind...:)
In the next update you will be able to 'copy' or 'ghost copy' the rhythm only from one phrase to the other.
The same way as you copy a phrase, but using the Ctrl key: Ctrl+drag (copy rhythm) or Ctrl+Shift+drag (ghost copy rhythm).
If you drop the rhythm on a non-generator, the notes will be sliced according to the rhythm.
Fine - that's just what the doctor ordered :tu: Eagerly waiting for it!
musicdevelopments wrote:the improvements has just begun. There will be a new 'Note Inspector' :) which will allow you to set any property (e.g. velocity) for multiple notes at once.
OMG :o Yet another new policeman is coming ?! OK, just joking, sure, this addition sounds too good for my poor old ears and eyes :roll:
And, well...for now I am really hazarding guesses as to what else you could add "out of nothing" in what follows :hihi:
I am not sure when the final v2.9 will be released, probably never :(
Hehe, as for me (personally), I really wont be too upset in case of your endless & regular processing of more and more elaborated new betas of v2.9 :D
But, sure, many other users (and especially potential new customers) would prefer to see it in all it's glory and power, so I am not insisting on the scenario just mentioned by me above 8)
Cheers,
T.

Hello guitarmanchu,

Thank you for the reminder. I can assure you, this is not forgotten. I am planning to add this at the end of this month.

Thanks!
Attila
guitarmanchu wrote:A friendly reminder of the request to have some sort of generator that randomly selects a phrase out of a folder of phrases. I can't stress enough how much this would help my workflow. If you're composing any music that requires instrument solos or riffs, this would be a huge, huge timesaver, as you can simply point it to the folder containing all of the different riffs, and you know you'll get something that follows the idiom you're composing for.

everyone has this?
is there is a way to delete ?

I have "Test Melodies" as well. Probably just something to be cleaned up in the beta versions. Of course, "God Save The Queen" is always good to have on hand. :)

Thanks
Forrest

'Test Melodies' will be removed from the release version, don't worry. It cannot be deleted.
I included it so that everyone can try the harmonization function immediately.
Sorry...
New beta version is available, see details in 'Feature requests' topic.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,
just wondering, did my email-report arrived? because i get an error message once and i sent it again.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”