v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

were would drum maps be located for RC?

I was working on a template in Reaper and I needed a drum map for EzDrummer and rather than download one, I created one. So, I thought I would add that to RC..

Documents\RapidComposerV3\DB\ *.rcDRUM

crossovercable wrote:Documents\RapidComposerV3\DB\ *.rcDRUM

thanks..

Hey Attila,

I've started up Digital Performer 9.51 with the latest RC beta vst and program a few times without any problems, so it seems you have fixed it again!

So, positive feedback for you!!, and, make note of what you did, since it seems to have done the trick.

RC will open during DP startup, but RC closes cleanly and without hanging DP like it had been doing before (I can't recall right now whether RC is now not doing the second launch during DP's "Gathering Information ..." stage at the end of its start up process, which was when RC was hanging DP right after it quit).

So, do make note of what you've done, to avoid it coming up again in the future or if it does, then to fix it.

Thanks again very much and congrats on fixing this!

dbender wrote:I've started up Digital Performer 9.51 with the latest RC beta vst and program a few times without any problems, so it seems you have fixed it again!
Hi David,

thank you for the feedback! I am very happy to hear that! :party:
My thanks go to the great staff at MOTU who responded to my e-mail very quickly (in a few hours), and sent me an NFR license to help me to solve this issue! :tu:

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I added a drum map for EZ Drummer in the tips and suggestion thread..

Now, this is just trivial, but, when editing the rhythm in the percussion generator, is there a way to have the preview sound for that instrument, rather than the default piano? ( I haven't tried changing it yet )

If so, since working with percussion, it would make sense to use that.. meaning, that should be a default..??? (Just for percussion)

you need choose ez drummer as instrument in the track and track type set to percussion. then create a phrase with percussion generator. If you use no generator and edit in the phrase editor tab you need set preview instrument setting to track which contain ez drummer(setting is in phrase editor tab).if you set it once then next time you switch to phrase editor tab know which instrument you use
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:you need choose ez drummer as instrument in the track and track type set to percussion. then create a phrase with percussion generator. If you use no generator and edit in the phrase editor tab you need set preview instrument setting to track which contain ez drummer(setting is in phrase editor tab).if you set it once then next time you switch to phrase editor tab know which instrument you use

That works for sure, but, I was looking for not having to do that.. have it already set up like that for percussion. trying to save time... doesn't have to be EZ Drummer, just a similar drum sound.

I am also going to be using other percussion drums/maps as well.. like cinematic toms, or metal percussion.. but, in those cases, it would be better to manually set up.

Sounds like the job of a track template.. ;)

maybe it is possible to enhance RC with less work, that when called the first time from a track the phrase editor tab that it use the current track instrument. this help that not need choose once the instrument. Yes track templates are good and work in RC, but i notice when create a new track, add template and add a phrase and edit it in phrase editor you need too set once which instrument to use
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

musicdevelopments wrote:
dbender wrote:I've started up Digital Performer 9.51 with the latest RC beta vst and program a few times without any problems, so it seems you have fixed it again!
Hi David,

thank you for the feedback! I am very happy to hear that! :party:
My thanks go to the great staff at MOTU who responded to my e-mail very quickly (in a few hours), and sent me an NFR license to help me to solve this issue! :tu:

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks to you and to them!

A notation view/edit would come in handy down the track, as Reaper has added it. It would attract a wider variety of users. Maybe color the lines and notes also.

A notation view/edit would come in handy down the track, as Reaper has added it. It would attract a wider variety of users. Maybe color the lines and notes also
+1

Hi Attila !
This crash happened when I drag the midi file to the rhythm arrow, in the generator, in the phrase inspector.
This is a super feature of the program: use MIDI files, as groove quantizes phrases!
I would like to wish that you made it possible, in this operation, to automatically trim the empty bars at the beginning (for the rhythmic impact of the midi file, of course) as it is already implemented for the usual drag and drop of the midi file to the track! Thank you .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi lulukom!
I am looking at this crash. I know where it crashed but I do not know why.
I suspect that you dragged the MIDI file over your tracks but you did not reach the rhythm drop target (arrow).
Can you reproduce the crash using the same file? If so, would it be possible to send me that MIDI file?
Thanks for your help!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Now I will collect in a separate folder midi files that cause crash or simply refuse to be imported. But, unfortunately, I already lost that problem file ((
How is your work for the new beta?
Thank you .

Return to “MusicDevelopments”