v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

I can't move the chords with up and down arrows anymore. Nothing happens. And it used to be sluggish before I had to hold down the arrow for it to start moving and suddenly it starts moving rapidely. Would much prefer a quick hit on the arrow to move the chord one inversion up/down.

Am I the only one with this problem ?
Last edited by Boone777 on Sat May 12, 2018 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

About the percussion generator ...
Here's my opinion:
Leave everything as it was (the main window)
 + the ability to select the editor of a separate instrument (with the opening of the window of a separate instrument ,like on your own, Attila, screenshot)
+ solo
+ loop
+ more contrast separation of instruments in the main window
+ be sure to keep dragging the rhythm between the instruments
+ ability to drag the midi file directly from the percussion generator
+ removing any of the instruments
Perhaps the suggestions of other users will be added)
Thanks !

Hi Attila, and thanks for your answer !
musicdevelopments wrote:Right, the Percussion Generator was not designed for using more than 6-7 percussions.
I am not sure I understand which grid you would like to see.
Do you mean like on this mock-up screenshot, having buttons for each percussion at the top, and showing only one at a time?:
Yes, It's rather what I had in mind.
The Battery 4 grid is like this :

So it's not far away of your proposition (with the solo / mute button in the low left of each cell).
About the ability to drag and drop rythm, I think it would be easy, simply by dragging the current edited cell rythm to the desired cell ? (and the same for dragging anything acceptable to a cell :wink: ).

Another thing is that many drums VST use the C4-A4 (etc) notation. It would be cool to have this notation for each cell of the drum editor (in the detail if necessary) : for example : Note 36/C2 (Bass Drum 1) (by the way, I wrote C2 for the example... don't know if it's C2 :hihi: )

Thanks !
Gotacki

Hi ! :)

Another request (if possible :pray: ).
I would find very cool if it was possible to click on the track's keyboard (left on the track) and hear the note that was clicked (with the track's instrument).
Hence, one would quickly visually locate which percussion note is played.

In the same way, It would also be good when midi is send to the track selected, to see which key of the track's keyboard is pressed (it's useful when using small midi keyboard).

Thanks !
Gotacki

Hi again ! ( :roll: )

I am struggling with the copy/paste...
I don't really understand how it works : how I am suppose to do to copy a phrase from a track to another track ?
- I select the phrase on the first track
- I do a copy (Ctrl C)
- I select the second track
- I choose the time position on the second track
- A do a paste (Ctrl V)
- The phrase is copied, but on the original track ! not on the selected track ?
(Ok, there is a workaround : grab the copied track to the desired track, but it's not very efficient).

Thanks ! :roll:
Gotacki

you can copy phrases with click on phrase and hold ctrl key and release mouse on the other track. this i use, but now that i test i notice same problem with copy and paste.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Gotacki wrote:Hi ! :)

Another request (if possible :pray: ).
I would find very cool if it was possible to click on the track's keyboard (left on the track) and hear the note that was clicked (with the track's instrument).
Hence, one would quickly visually locate which percussion note is played.

In the same way, It would also be good when midi is send to the track selected, to see which key of the track's keyboard is pressed (it's useful when using small midi keyboard).

Thanks !
Coloring the notes on the timeline by right clicking ala Reaper would be cool as well.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

I can see, pasting must be improved very soon.
Ctrl-V pastes into the same track, Ctrl-Shift-V pastes into the selected track.
I think it should work by pasting into the last clicked track!!
I'll try to improve this for the next beta version.

Thanks for the many suggestions!

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

If I import chords I get a G# for a Cm#5 but when I generate Cm#5 I get the same notes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think MIDI import prefers using basic chords if possible, even if inverted, G# is an inverted Cm#5.

This disturbed me too, so copy/paste was improved.
In the next beta version, wherever you click, and press 'paste', the phrase will be placed there.
Thanks for reporting this annoyance!
Attila
Gotacki wrote:Hi again ! ( :roll: )
I am struggling with the copy/paste...

Thanks Attila !

You're the best :wink:
Gotacki

Boone777 wrote:I can't move the chords with up and down arrows anymore. Nothing happens. And it used to be sluggish before I had to hold down the arrow for it to start moving and suddenly it starts moving rapidely. Would much prefer a quick hit on the arrow to move the chord one inversion up/down.
Am I the only one with this problem ?

EDIT: Ok it was set on global now it works as before. Is there any reason why the phrase moves well right or left with the arrows but it's sluggish up and down ?
I need to hold the arrows keys for a long time before it's starts moving like a big second and a half and suddenly it jumps all over the place.

Can't move lines in the structure.

EDIT: I uninstalled and rolled back to 3.43 but I had to manually trash RapidComposeV3 from my Documents to get it back to work.

EDIT#2 : I had a 2 tracks in my latest compo only one shows up. I lost the melody part that I Imported.

Boone777 wrote:Is there any reason why the phrase moves well right or left with the arrows but it's sluggish up and down ?
I need to hold the arrows keys for a long time before it's starts moving like a big second and a half and suddenly it jumps all over the place.
The reason is that for each up or down arrow a semitone is added to or removed from the phrase transposition. You can check this if you open the phrase inspector and watch the transposition value.

I know it would be more logical to make the phrases jump for each keypress... I added this to my to-do list.

I think the drag-and-drop stopped working in the structure inspector in v3.45. This is fixed in the latest beta version, and I expect v3.5 will be available in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”