v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Well, finally.. lol.. sheesh.. It turns there is a bug in my video editing software. So, NOW that I am aware of it, I know what NOT to do.. lol

And you probably added that "busy cursor" by now, hehe, but, here is the video and what the drawing of the screen and dialogs looks like on my end..

EDIT: At the end of the video I show the task manager with RC showing that it is using CPU, but, I just now realized that RC had focus in Windows, so, that is why it is showing CPU usage..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yflC3dK ... e=youtu.be

what audio output do you use ?. I notice when use wasapi shared cpu usage is much less(rc show 0 % in task manager) than use windows mme(rc show 0.5-1%) when rc do nothing. when use very few buffer windows mme get larger cpu load, if you use asio, maybe buffer very low slow it down
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:what audio output do you use ?. I notice when use wasapi shared cpu usage is much less(rc show 0 % in task manager) than use windows mme(rc show 0.5-1%) when rc do nothing. when use very few buffer windows mme get larger cpu load, if you use asio, maybe buffer very low slow it down

I have to use ASIO due to some VST's that I use. AT the moment, I have the buffer at 1024k, but, when I record with my guitar, I have to set the buffer to 256k. I then get about 7 ms latency to Reaper. In the setup in the video, it was the only way to prevent cracking. (which is caused by the buffer getting corrupted, which is what you get when you use ASIO4ALL).. Also note, that to record ASIO and Windows audio for the video, you need additional software to mix the two together, in my case, I am using VoiceMeeter.

I figured out the problem! Again, it was Acronis software, which is software that is used to duplicate drives, it ships with a malware program and THAT was causing Windows Defender to fire every time RC was used. I disabled it and everything works fine now.. no lag, etc.

Again, it was not RC!

Congratulations BluGenes for figuring out the reason! :clap:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hello Attila!
One small convenient opportunity (which is not yet available)))
When I drag the midi file to the track with the Shift button pressed,
I get the relative notes of the phrase .. Ok.
But the function does not work "Set the notes to the nearest scale .."
And I have to again call in absolute notes and then again in the relational, but with the setting "Set notes to the nearest scale ..".
It might be nice to have the setting "Set notes to the nearest scale .." as an option when dragging the midi file onto the track. " Or it is possible to drag with two pressed buttons (Shift + Alt, for example).
Thanks .

musicdevelopments wrote:Congratulations BluGenes for figuring out the reason! :clap:

LOL yea, wasted 4 days on that.. sheesh.. anyways.. new issue..

is there a way to see the key switch notes in the phrase editor?

Yea, related to the key switches.. I just dragged the midi (that uses the KS info setup in RC) from RC directly into Reaper, but, the length of the KS wasn't long enough to fire in Reaper. So, in Reaper, I selected all KS's, and set the length to about 0.0.25 and the midi plays correctly in Reaper..

BluGenes wrote:is there a way to see the key switch notes in the phrase editor?
Not unfortunately. Keyswitches and other articulations are added during rendering, which means they never appear as an editable MIDI note. Articulations can be displayed on the workspace.
BluGenes wrote:but, the length of the KS wasn't long enough to fire in Reaper. So, in Reaper, I selected all KS's, and set the length to about 0.0.25 and the midi plays correctly in Reaper..
I fixed this now. Previously keyswitches were 1/1024, now I made it a 1/32 note. This should not be swallowed by any applications.

Thanks,
Attila

Yes I remember asking for that some time back as they were too small to see and you had to zoom right in.
Another way without using rcCTRL is convert phrases to relative form then go into to the phrases editor select all the KS notes and set them to absolute and lock them.

I use a lot of guitar in my tracks, I have been trying some piano track creation and they sound really great even when using the fingerpicking gen on the bass combined with the melody gen, it would be good to have a guitar solo gen that sounds fluid if possible. The ostinato gen is not too bad for heavy metal guitar.
And that guitar strum pattern gen would be a great addition as well.
But I know, there's so many hours in a day and a long long long ToDoList :(

Yes, I was thinking about the guitar strum pattern generator recently.
Hmm, a guitar solo gen, that is my dream. It is not easy to describe a guitar solo mathematically though.
Of course first pitch bend and MIDI CC's should be implemented for notes... but this is under way.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Attila

Of course first pitch bend and MIDI CC's should be implemented for notes... but this is under way.
I also think that this is now the most important!))
Good luck in work!

Strum Pattern Generator .. sounds great!
after i watch this tutorial was planning to make the same suggestion :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9jt2bzszzc

Return to “MusicDevelopments”