Vocalizer Slavic Choir problem with Kontact 5

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No joy from NI support, as they were asking me to uninstall and reinstall Vocalizer, as if it was a library (which they kept assuming it was. Complaining that they couldn't see Vocalizer, or several other instruments that weren't libraries after running their diagnostic tool.)

Next up they wanted a remote session, which I queried. Asking was it just going to be a remote Kontakt uninstall/reinstall (tried it already), they then went quiet.

So that is were I am. Vocalizer runs on my laptop, so isn't to blame, but not on my better speced desktop being;

Desktop
Intel I7
16gb ddr3 ram
250 ssd and 2gb hd
Intel 4000 graphics and Radeon HD5450 for 2 x monitors

Laptop
Intel I7
8gb ddr3 ram
500 ssd
Intel 3000 and Nvidia Geforce GT520 graphics.

I'm thinking video card maybe ?
Any ideas gratefully received.

I've found out that the newest version of Kontakt I have 5.3.1.37 won't run
"Vocalizer", but my other machine's older version of Kontakt 5.2.1.6382 runs
it OK, so it seems to be the newer version of Kontakt that's breaking
something.

It's Vocalisa, not Vocalizer :) And it works well in Kontakt 5.3.1.37 over here...

I don't think that graphics card has anything to do with it.

OK. So the graphics card is out. You have "Vocaliser" running on Kontakt 5.3.1.37, so that's out.
Which means I'll have to look again.

It gets weirder, and weirder. I've said before that it's not hardware, as it's going on my other partition. So it's got to be something I have on the partition.

My DAW has two SSDs, both with Windows 7 x64. One with the usual stuff (Office, etc) plus music /audio, the other solely for music/audio, both updated to the hilt. The file storage is on a 2tb hard drive.

My Laptop has a bigger SSD split the same way, but with a dual boot. Half "ordinary Win7 x64 plus audio/music, and half just DAW etc.

Slavic Choir works on the "ordinary" disk/partitions of the DAW and the laptop.
Slavic Choir works on the DAW partition of the laptop.

So I need to track down the difference, and I should be OK. It still sounds great !

Return to “Impact Soundworks”