Shreddage 2 Development Thread

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arglebargle wrote:Didn't read the whole thread, but will Shreddage 2 address the stereo width bug present in the current version?
Which bug? The DT implementation in Shreddage2 is built from scratch so everything should be 100% good to go. We're testing it thoroughly too.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:
Arglebargle wrote:Didn't read the whole thread, but will Shreddage 2 address the stereo width bug present in the current version?
Which bug? The DT implementation in Shreddage2 is built from scratch so everything should be 100% good to go. We're testing it thoroughly too.
Every so often when I got a double tracked part playing at say 100L and 100R the image seems to jump inwards. I can only conclude it's the 2 particular samples being randomly selected that somehow are out of phase, or the same, or something like that. It's more noticeable with headphones.

Here's an example. Note from 0:56 on. The stereo image gets wonky. This is not my track, but I get the same thing.

Hmm, weird. Sounds like the MIDI sequence is possibly different for each part, or it just hit an articulation where we only had one RR recording. I'd definitely like to do an update for the original Shreddage simplifying some things and bringing some features we have in Shreddage2, but that would be after the S2 release (I'm only human!)

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

The MIDI sequence is the same becuase I use one piano roll in FL for both the L/R. I use volume and pan automation if I want to have it one-sided/single-tracked. I was using the normal samples during the fast part, then a hard sustain for the last note.

I will definitely look into it. The first chance I'll get will be when Shreddage2 is done and shipped off to NI, which actually is not that far from now.

The same exact thing happens to me quite often while composing. I can often temporarily remedy this by hitting Kontakt's reset button (the exclamation point at Kontakt's top bar).

As an update - we are working on adding in much-awaited UNISON BEND functionality :)

fantastic Zircon...
i can continue drooling :lol:

You guys seriously have made the best guitars ever conceivable! How you can do it for such an affordable price is beyond me!

I will join metalheart in this drooling, because the moment I can create convincing lead lines awaits!

It's because we're literally crazy.

Hi Zircon any news?
Have you any idea when will shreddage 2 manual be availible?

+1 Can't wait to let this beast out. A manual would kill some time until then.

You asked, I delivered:

http://www.impactsoundworks.com/docs/Sh ... Manual.pdf
http://www.impactsoundworks.com/docs/Sh ... erence.pdf

FYI we're doing the very last finishing touches and should be sending to NI within 24-48 hours.

Love Shreddage X, can't wait for the sequel!

METAL!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”