Heavy Palm Mutes
Staccato
Vibrato (Real and smooth)
Tremolo
Harmonics
Hammer-on / Pull-off
Portamento
Full chokes

Things are sounding pretty awesome. Only downside is that this library is BIG. Really big. Currently, 5.65gb with a full RAM load around 1.6gb. To deal with this, I've made it so that turning off articulations actually unloads them in RAM as well. Don't need portamento? Switch it off, save 800mb.

I'm also considering a 16bit version as an alternate download... would anyone prefer having that option?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I think having the choice would be good....as long as it's not too much work at your end.
I'd probably go 16 bit as I wouldn't be using it as a 'pristine' instrument, more as an ensemble instrument in a mix.

woggle wrote:sound board
listening timber
audible timber
sounding timber
electric timber

timber timbre :)

archtop

jazz timber
Congratulations Woggle! Sometimes the simplest name just works best. We're calling the library "ARCHTOP: Hollowbody Electric Guitar" and you've won yourself a free copy.

And now, please check out this new blog post which details the design process behind the library!

http://impactsoundworks.com/designing-a ... ic-guitar/

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

ll

zircon wrote:
woggle wrote:sound board
listening timber
audible timber
sounding timber
electric timber

timber timbre :)

archtop

jazz timber
Congratulations Woggle! Sometimes the simplest name just works best. We're calling the library "ARCHTOP: Hollowbody Electric Guitar" and you've won yourself a free copy.

And now, please check out this new blog post which details the design process behind the library!

http://impactsoundworks.com/designing-a ... ic-guitar/
wow - thanks, that makes for a very happy way to start the day for me! Looking at the blog post you have certainly gone through an impressive, incredibly well thought out approach to the sampling. I can hardly wait :)

Congrats Woggle!

xNiMiNx wrote:Congrats Woggle!
Yes, congratulations :clap:

New demo! Sounding pretty good IMO (we're about 95% done, mainly UI work to go!)

https://soundcloud.com/isworks/archtop- ... rew-aversa

Nice demo, at 1:04, is that the instrument playing back single notes or a pre-recorded chord?

All single notes. No keyswitches or anything.

Nice. To me (fwiw) those notes sound very natural, thats why i wondered if it was premade chords.

that's an amazing sound!

hello
i love your guitar but for me it is so perfect i would have slides with octaves
best

Cheers - that may very well be doable, once we have recouped a bit of the initial expense from making the instrument!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”