Shreddage 2X UI / update preview

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FYI, I've been working my butt off on this update. Though the core engine code (UI knobs, basic string logic) is being ported from Archtop, thousands of lines had to be rewritten... Shreddage2 portamentos behave differently, plus powerchord portamentos had to be done from scratch. I also wanted to add things like pick offset, which lets you seamless chop up to the first 30ms off the attack of each note for a snappier response.

As of now (3:18am!!) I believe I have everything done except...

* Doubletracking / quad tracking - going to recode this from scratch as well and see if I can get it even tighter than Shreddage2...

* Fretboard display - need to place all the possible pick positions pixel by pixel

* Keyswitching, including new custom keyswitches for articulations

But here's the good news. As SOON as I have these things done (hopefully tomorrow or Friday) I will put the update up on this forum as a public beta. Everyone will be able to use it with the new samples, UI, etc. Once I'm satisfied that it kicks ass and is as bug-free as possible, I'll email the entire list of S2 owners and get the word out.

Thank you all for supporting us and this instrument! I hope the S2X update will inspire your music even more :-)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I am sure I won't be the last one to say this, but THANKS so much dude for doing this.

You guys at IS rock!

Wayne
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch me soar.......

Wash

Yep, as bigwayne says, it really is appreciated, Andrew.

Thank you so, so much.

Scar.

zircon wrote:FYI, I've been working my butt off on this update. Though the core engine code (UI knobs, basic string logic) is being ported from Archtop, thousands of lines had to be rewritten... Shreddage2 portamentos behave differently, plus powerchord portamentos had to be done from scratch. I also wanted to add things like pick offset, which lets you seamless chop up to the first 30ms off the attack of each note for a snappier response.

As of now (3:18am!!) I believe I have everything done except...

* Doubletracking / quad tracking - going to recode this from scratch as well and see if I can get it even tighter than Shreddage2...

* Fretboard display - need to place all the possible pick positions pixel by pixel

* Keyswitching, including new custom keyswitches for articulations

But here's the good news. As SOON as I have these things done (hopefully tomorrow or Friday) I will put the update up on this forum as a public beta. Everyone will be able to use it with the new samples, UI, etc. Once I'm satisfied that it kicks ass and is as bug-free as possible, I'll email the entire list of S2 owners and get the word out.

Thank you all for supporting us and this instrument! I hope the S2X update will inspire your music even more :-)
Hi Andrew,

I think we should be able to customize how tight the double/quad tracking is. Sometimes it's better to have very loose tracking to give it a more raw sound if you get where I'm coming from.

Hi Zircon,can you tell something more about the new portamento articulation and pick offste?

What I meant by 'tight' for the double tracking was simply the DT not getting 'desynced'.. i.e. getting the same recording in both ears. But now that you mention it, customizing the sloppiness of the other guitars could be cool too.

My new approach to portamento is closer to archtop, which in turn was based on S2, but with some tweaks/improvements. I tried to smooth out the fades even more naturally than before, while also simplifying user controls to porta speed (%), transition volume, and sustain volume. Then of course, we now have powerchord portamentos which are pretty neat. They were recorded up / down up to an octave.

Pick offset is a new control for the ENGINE page. The way S2 was recorded, there are roughly 25-30 milliseconds before the main transient of the sound begins. This is to preserve some of that natural pick "lead-in" sound - which of course you can enhance or exaggerate even further using the Extra Pick sound feature (which BTW is also a little better now). With the Pick Offset control you can play the samples with a start point up to 30ms further in. Depending on how you prefer to play, you may like this sound more.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”