Shreddage IBZ - Coming soon. UI/Engine updates coming too!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As we teased on Facebook, we have a new guitar coming soon... Shreddage IBZ. This will be released later this month! We're thinking about making this available as a standalone product as WELL as an expansion to Shreddage2, but we haven't decided for sure yet. Either way, S2 owners will get a great deal.

We're planning some improvements to the script engine with this release that will also be applied to the original S2 library (and Classic/Archtop). Not a total rewrite, but some important enhancements and tweaks. Please let me know what you think of this plan:

* No more articulation/effects buttons cluttering the main page. Instead, we'll have an FX rack popup with even more options including cab sim, and full editing controls for everything. Artics will still be easily editable on the Articulations page.

* Dozens of presets for tone, EQ, and effects right from the main page.

* Powerchords now able to be mapped like any other articulation, instead of our lower/upper octave split. You can still go back to the original mapping method with a "Legacy" mode.

* All articulations mappable to MIDI CC, with velocity + keyswitch remaining as options.

* Vibrato mappable to aftertouch.

* Stereo doubletrack option - each channel gets a different guitar on the same output!

* Controls like string selection moved to the fretboard page (where they belong)

* Articulation DISPLAY (showing what you're playing) on the front page

* Fretboard flipped properly!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

My wallet is ready.

Zircon,
Having powerchords mapped to a keyswitch would be killer. The split layout certainly makes it impossible to play Shreddage 2 "live" while also being able to trigger all of the various keyswitches. The addition of a cab sim will be great as well for people that don't own Amplitube 3, Guitar Rig, etc. Another neat feature of adding the cab sim is we could make a bunch of really awesome sounding presets and post them here on the forums for people who want a quick and dirty tone that sounds great without having to go through all the steps of designing their own tones (great for beginners). A lot of people seem to have trouble with sound design as creating great guitar tone isn't exactly intuitive, so presets might be a good starting point. I'd be happy to make a big tone pack for the community when this is finally released.

-"No more articulations/effects buttons cluttering the main page"
IMO main page is fine the way it is. But the popup doesn't sound bad or anything. So far every UI update has made sense.
Really interested in this cab sim you speak of... will it be able to access impulses from a custom folder?

-"Dozens of presets..."
Yes please.
Wouldn't mind if some of these said presets lean towards atmospheric sound design just for the hell of it :)

-"Powerchords now able..."
Keyboard friendly features are always welcome. Just as long as legacy stays an option for compatibility, personally can't live without it.

-"Stereo doubletrack option"
I'm struggling to restrain my excitement for this feature in particular.
Gonna clear up so much hassle.

Stoked to jam with this new virtual companion!
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

I'm up for this beauty!

Zircon needs to do but one last thing now...
Ask Nathan Explosion to be ISW spokesperson "We're here to make everything METAL!!! Blacker than the blackest black, TIMES INFINITY!!!"
C'mon, you wanna do it! hahahaha!
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”