Shreddage IBZ Bug

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zircon,

I've loaded up Shreddage 2 IBZ, with no modifications to the default settings, and I've noticed there are some situations where two notes are triggered simultaneously, but don't always play back simultaneously. I've attached a copy of the FL Studio project file, and midi file for examples which can be found via the link from my One Drive account:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2 ... lder%2cmid

This problem seems to happen on quite a few other frets as well. Also included a lower chord that is currently impossible (or so it would appear) due to the fact that both notes would need to be triggered on the same string (according to the fret board visualization at least). Is there some way to force Shreddage 2 IBZ to play any sequence of notes as is currently possible with Shreddage 2X?

audiosupernova wrote:Zircon,

I've loaded up Shreddage 2 IBZ, with no modifications to the default settings, and I've noticed there are some situations where two notes are triggered simultaneously, but don't always play back simultaneously. I've attached a copy of the FL Studio project file, and midi file for examples which can be found via the link from my One Drive account:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2 ... lder%2cmid

This problem seems to happen on quite a few other frets as well. Also included a lower chord that is currently impossible (or so it would appear) due to the fact that both notes would need to be triggered on the same string (according to the fret board visualization at least). Is there some way to force Shreddage 2 IBZ to play any sequence of notes as is currently possible with Shreddage 2X?
The chord bug is something I believe I noted in the alpha. It's due to the fact that the fretboard assumes only the bottom string is detuned, when in reality, it should use some sort of tuning that allows playing of lower chords.

I believe the fix for it now is to turn off string realism, since that is what says "Hey, these two notes are on the same string, that's not possible to play!"

Changing the preferred fret range to the entire guitar allows the higher chord to play but something very odd was noticed. I'm uploading a video of it right now.

Later today I'll be releasing an update which has a "string polyphony" advanced option. I don't really recommend using this but it will allow you to play multiple notes on the same strings in cases where that is the only option (right now, the previous note is simply killed)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”