Shreddage II Sample Issue (Help!)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shreddage 2: Absolute Electric Guitar

Ok so ive become very good at programming guitars in shreddage 2, ive owned the software since it release. Ive tried all the other updates including IBZ but still find the original to be super user friendly.

However, no matter how much I try or EQ or try to mask it, the A# vibrato or possibly A# single sustain note, has a terrible undesirable twang or clank or SOMETHING that i hear every other time the note is played. It does it even more often if my picking is set to alternative, which also reeeeeally sucks. Ive searched high and low and found no forums or no information on this issue or a possible solution. 

Can someone PLEASE help me, its driving me nuts. I am midi programming in Studio One 3, using podfarm platinum, updated kontakt and the original shreddage 2. Im not privy to much keyswitch latching or anything so if u CAN provide a solution, PLEASE give me a visual.

I would appreciate your help or tips.

Thank you in advance to anyone and everyone!

-Jake

Which octave A#

The songs i write are in Drop A. The open notes are A2 so it would be A#2 on my midi keyboard in studio one. Idk what he deal is. Seems like it does it on the left guitar mainly, im using the multi 'stereo out'

bill45 wrote:Which octave A#
The songs i write are in Drop A. The open notes are A2 so it would be A#2 on my midi keyboard in studio one. Idk what he deal is. Seems like it does it on the left guitar mainly, im using the multi 'stereo out'

BUMP!!! The issue is most likely that the guitar wasn't set properly to the low tuning during the recording process. I messaged back and forth on their facebook page but they stopped responding to me after my 2nd response. It really sounds like a lot of people who bought this program don't use power chords in the lower registries (G-C), otherwise it should be pretty darn noticeable that most of those power chords are out of tune. The only solution I could think of is to turn all picking to downstrokes (reduces that ugly twang noise) but it's still noticeable. If you're playing metal, your best bet is to strictly use single notes until you hit C or D (I even think the C chord sounds slightly out of tune.)
To anyone who hasn't noticed this yet, try playing some power chords in that registry. I've even played this program for my friends and family and every single one of them could tell right off the bat that something sounded off. The explanation the mod tried to use is, "there's a slight detuning as tension changes on the string" which is true, except it's not normally as obvious as it is in this program, and not noticeable at all with the higher strings. I have played guitars at this tuning and unless the strings were old and the action wasn't properly set (could easily been the case during the recording process), it NEVER sounds that out of tune.
I don't wanna sound like I am completely unsatisfied, but being able to play power chords in that registry was one of the main selling points for me. I could have just saved up a few hundred more dollars and bought an 8 string guitar, I got this so I wouldn't have to... I hope there is an update to fix this issue at some point, and hopefully free!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”