Shreddage X sforzando (Shreddage Complete with Bass) - Modwheel and sample loading question

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

i own Shreddage x (not the 2 Version) for a few days and i really like it. But since i don't own kontakt, i use sforzando for it. It actually works quite well, but i have a few questions:

Whenever i load the instrument into sforzando i got a error message, that some samples are missing. I load it directly out of the directory i got after downloading shreddage. I am using it in reaper. Am i doing something wrong?

I would love to use the modwheel for vibrato control. But in sforzando it looks like i could only use keyswitches. Is there any way to change this?

Best regards

Björn
Last edited by noisefloor on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Bjorn, issue #2 is a limitation of the format - as far as I'm aware, having modwheel xfading of samples is just not doable in the SFZ format. I wish it were. For #1, are you sure the library downloaded completely? What is your folder size / file count? It should be approx. 1.65gb / 2200 samples.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hi Zircon!

Thanks for your reply.
Ok, did not know that modwheel sound blending was not possible with sfz. So i stick with key-switches. Could put them on my triggerpads on the masterkeyboard, that will work as well. :-)

About the missing-sample issue: Just checked the folder, its 1.67gb with exactly 2201 files in it.
The sample folders contains the following:

folder "samples" : 1,05 GB; 968 Files
folder "XSamples" : 617 MB; 1.004Files in 71 Subfolders

Is this correct? Did the download with the impact soundworks downloader.

I tested it with the kontakt demoversion and there i don't get the missing sample error.

BTW: I did miss to give the info that i have the Shreddage complete package with the bass.

Thanks for your help!

Anything i can do about this?

What / where are the samples listed as missing?

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

The samples missing are listed in the folder "samples" as also in "xsamples". I took a screenshot from the error while loading the Shreddage Master Sforzando.sfz.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are those files actually in either folder? Trying to figure out what's going on here and I'm a little stumped.

Yes, i checked it, all samples are in the exact folders that are mentioned in the error message above.

OK... last thing to test... can you try it in LinuxSampler? We have a guide for setup in that too. It's another free sampler plugin.

https://www.linuxsampler.org/windows.html

Return to “Impact Soundworks”