Poll: What's next for Alchemy - Ceramics or Dark Brass Bank? Decision made, Brass and Winds!

Official support for: patchpool.de

Which Alchemy Bank would you like to see next on patchpool?

Bank with sounds derived from multisampled ceramic materials
30%
Bank with dark brass and wind samples
70%

Total votes: 27

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,
So I came to an agreement today concerning my composer in residence-contract for the Symphony orchestra in Hamburg/Germany - this is great news for me as I can finally write a big orchestral work (with live-electronics) and do several smaller things including an Ambient Groove project, but as mentioned before it will also reduce the time I can invest into producing new patchpool products during the next months.

So I have to make a decision between Alchemy Ceramics - Crucible™ (Jim Hurley) :) for Alchemy or Alchemy Dark Brass&Winds involving sound samples from Trombone, Susaphone, Euphonium, Tenor Sax and maybe Duduk. All of the latter most probably recorded in a nice church here in Berlin.
Please share your thoughts and cast your vote...

Thank's
Simon
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Given I have a serious issue with Ceramic's, I can't touch unglazed ceramic without feeling sick. Brass and Wind gets my vote :)

Please accept my congratulations on your news Simon!!

philait wrote:Given I have a serious issue with Ceramic's, I can't touch unglazed ceramic without feeling sick. Brass and Wind gets my vote :)

Accepted :)
That sounds like a serious allergy you have there - so what would happen if you listen to sounds produced by unglaced ceramics...?

By this logic, anyone with serious 'wind issues' will no doubt vote for Ceramics.

My vote is with DB&W
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:By this logic, anyone with serious 'wind issues' will no doubt vote for Ceramics.
LOL :D

damn, i should have read aloysius message before i voted ceramics :uhuhuh:

Guys, come on - ceramic allergies, wind problems - ROFL :shock:

Congratulation on the contract - what a great opportunity/challenge to have ahead!

I voted ceramic as I'm very much in a percussive frame of mind at the moment, some top-notch brass samples sound great too...

(Perhaps we should all vote for the fishbank as a challenge to see what you can come up with!)
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

coincidental wrote:Congratulation on the contract - what a great opportunity/challenge to have ahead!

I voted ceramic as I'm very much in a percussive frame of mind at the moment, some top-notch brass samples sound great too...

(Perhaps we should all vote for the fishbank as a challenge to see what you can come up with!)
Thank you - yeah it's exciting indeed :)
Granulated fish samples could sound beautiful...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
philait wrote:Given I have a serious issue with Ceramic's, I can't touch unglazed ceramic without feeling sick. Brass and Wind gets my vote :)

That sounds like a serious allergy you have there - so what would happen if you listen to sounds produced by unglaced ceramics...?
Luckily it's not an Allergy it's a Psychological thing. The Feel of it makes me feel Ill and the sound of scraping bits of Raw Ceramic together makes me want to pull my teeth out. My Wife takes great pleasure in subjecting me to it any time we're in a ceramics shop. Even typing this is making my teeth feel like they're vibrating gha........ :help:

I voted for the Fishbank.

Just kidding! I voted for Dark Brass because I think it might also make a nice addition to my orchestral libraries... especially if you subsequently release a Kontakt variant. I also like the idea of the church space with natural ambience. But really, the Ceramics bank sounds great also - which is why I was tempted to vote for the fish (not being able to decide!). Maybe eventually you will have time to produce both. :)

I like the idea of adding a Duduk as well... or some other interesting "world" type of instrument just to make things even more interesting.

The composer in residence contract sounds great! Big congratulations!!! I love what you are offering via Patchpool but the opportunity to be able to write a big orchestral work and with electronics sounds like a perfect opportunity for you!

Best of luck with all the projects. :D
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:I voted for the Fishbank.

Just kidding! I voted for Dark Brass because I think it might also make a nice addition to my orchestral libraries... especially if you subsequently release a Kontakt variant. I also like the idea of the church space with natural ambience. But really, the Ceramics bank sounds great also - which is why I was tempted to vote for the fish (not being able to decide!). Maybe eventually you will have time to produce both. :)

I like the idea of adding a Duduk as well... or some other interesting "world" type of instrument just to make things even more interesting.

The composer in residence contract sounds great! Big congratulations!!! I love what you are offering via Patchpool but the opportunity to be able to write a big orchestral work and with electronics sounds like a perfect opportunity for you!

Best of luck with all the projects. :D
Thank you for the good wishes, Sequent!
Adding the Duduk is due to the fact that the Sax player I would hire for this Bank also plays Duduk - he is a great musician I've worked with for many years and he picked up the Duduk some years ago. Meanwhile he has a really nice tone so it would be great to include it in this Bank.
Just like the Brass player I want to hire for this Bank plays all the 3 Brass instruments mentioned, so why not include samples of all of those instruments. I'll check out the church next week for background noises and ambience quality - if it's not perfect than I'll hire a big studio room here in Berlin - my studio is too small and dry for the kind of sounds I want to achieve.

I won't have time for both Banks that's why I started this poll - I have to write a big orchestral piece within the next 4-5 months, produce a sound installation, arrange my album Minimal Nightmare for band and string orchestra, rehearse all of this and make concepts for 2 more pieces due next year.

philait wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Luckily it's not an Allergy it's a Psychological thing. The Feel of it makes me feel Ill and the sound of scraping bits of Raw Ceramic together makes me want to pull my teeth out. My Wife takes great pleasure in subjecting me to it any time we're in a ceramics shop. Even typing this is making my teeth feel like they're vibrating gha........ :help:
Ouch...

ceramics, please

So the votes are 8:5 in favor of the Brass and Wind Bank - I'll make the final decision when 20 votes have been made - many of my Alchemy-Banks-customers don't seem to visit KVR at all which is a pity...

Return to “patchpool”