KnobMan / SkinMan

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BIG problem!

Seems like JKnobMan is limited to only 200 frames in the final render? I need more than that... ^^' For your info, I'm doing a text knob that needs to have values from -100 to 100, which needs 201 frames. Bummer!

Quick update, please? Pretty please? :)

EvilDragon wrote:BIG problem!

Seems like JKnobMan is limited to only 200 frames in the final render? I need more than that... ^^' For your info, I'm doing a text knob that needs to have values from -100 to 100, which needs 201 frames. Bummer!

Make it from -10 to 10 and write "x10" behind it... :D

Although understandable from the programmers view, I am sad that the development of the Windows versions is ceased. It had a much faster workflow to me. Just three or four things missing in WKnobman (like object groups, texture previews and a little faster rendering - notably Inside Shadows) and it would be perfect. I'll would happily donate a second time if this would be done..... :wink:
ImageImage

Yeah, x10 won't work in this case. :P

I'm happier with JKnobMan, since it has adjustable keyboard shortcuts, more animation curves, and seems to update the effect changes faster than ye olde KnobMan. My 2 cents, though.

EvilDragon wrote:BIG problem!

hello, thank you for the report.
the limitation is expanded up-to 1000 :)
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

Domo arigatou!

EDIT: Ooh, even the maximize window position after program restart bug seems to be fixed! Thanks!

EDIT 2: OOH, CANVAS SIZE! :) Although it doesn't work by cropping but by adjusting the layer values. Would be awesome if the dialog for canvas size would recognize Enter key as Apply, and Esc key as Cancel, though ;)

It's a bit tricky working with it, since after resizing the control might not look the same, though. But you've warned me about this already, I know. :( It's kinda hard to believe straight out cropping while leaving the control exactly where it is would be that hard to implement over all animation frames...

EvilDragon wrote:It's a bit tricky working with it, since after resizing the control might not look the same, though. But you've warned me about this already, I know. :( It's kinda hard to believe straight out cropping while leaving the control exactly where it is would be that hard to implement over all animation frames...
I have released this version because the frames limitation issue seems serious though the fixing is on the way ;)

Sugoooooi!~~~

First of all - a big thanks to you for your development of Knobman. Donation is coming right up.

Just one Noob question. How to I change it to English? I found my way to the settings page, but even if I set it to en.ini nothing happens.

Oh... I am talking about JKnobMan.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

No one knows how to switch Jknobman into english? I guess I'm missing something simple, but I cannot figure it out!

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Setting it to en.ini should do the job. Works for me.

EvilDragon wrote:Setting it to en.ini should do the job. Works for me.
Yes, I tried that - but nothing happens. Hm... the en.ini - is that an external file?

EDIT. Tried it again - works now. Probably was just my computer feeling like messing with me.

/C

Big bug...

When entering text in the text primitive, assigned shortcuts (which don't use any key modifiers like Ctrl, Shift, Alt) get executed... instead of text being written.

Example: I have assigned the key A to "Add Layer". However, if I want to type "Saw" in the text primitive, it will add a layer when I need to type "a". This needs to be fixed - keyboard shortcuts should not be executed when typing in a text field.

Thanks!

Critical cosmetic bug:

Recently my label upped the size requirements for album covers, until recently I could get away with 600x600, but now they want 2400x2400. The picture below is from within Skinman, and it shows a cover under construction. This is the image zoomed out in Skinman, and look how it tears the image apart.

When you work with images zoomed out a lot in skinman they're getting totally messed up. They get strange black lines around some areas of the image. When exporting the image it exports properly, but it is rather annoying to have this bug going on. Care to fix a quick patch?
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Seems that in JKnobMan X and Y offset values are limited to +/-250 pixels... not enough for bigger knobs/sliders!

sorry Im pretty busy lately ;)
EvilDragon wrote:When entering text in the text primitive, assigned shortcuts (which don't use any key modifiers like Ctrl, Shift, Alt) get executed... instead of text being written.
mmm... I see but cant I recommend to assign unused chars+modifiers?
jobromedia wrote:When you work with images zoomed out a lot in skinman they're getting totally messed up.
This is not perfect but improved with quick fix.
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/skinman.html
EvilDragon wrote:Seems that in JKnobMan X and Y offset values are limited to +/-250 pixels... not enough for bigger knobs/sliders!
the offset unit is a percent of frame's width and height. objects will be wipeout by +100 or -100. it is not enough?

Return to “g200kg”