Some enhancement suggestions...

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all.
First off, I absolutely love Knobman. It my #1 tool for making VSTi UI elements.
That being said, I find it somewhat tedious to use once the number of UI elements get large. I keep wishing for batch and command line possibilities.

For example, I often find myself with one or more layers building the (animated) background of a control, then wanting to make a number of variations of the control with several layers above, each representing a "version" of the knob.
It would be really nice to be able to render out each layer, in turn, with the other non-background layers hidden to an image named <layername>.png. I.e:

[Layer 1] background1
[Layer 2] background2
[Layer n] backgroundN
[Layer n+1] foreground1
[Layer n+2] foreground2
[Layer n+m] foregroundM

Would give
foreground1.png -> background1-n + foreground1
foreground2.png -> background1-n + foreground2

etc

The next feature I'd really like is the ability to render a knob file from the command line, especially using the above "batch mode". Something like

knobman -render <knobfile> -layer <layer>

To combine the two it would be cool if you could tag layers with a mnemonic so you could enable/disable layers using this, i.e "-layertag <tag>"

Hope these suggestions make sense.
Cheers and tanks for a great tool.
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

How about folders for layers? Like in Photoshop? :)

I'm wishing for multiple layer select/copy/duplicate/paste/delete. Also relative value editing of multiple selected layers...

Return to “g200kg”