Old declick

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found recently that old Declick plugin (1.6.0) sometimes have better results than newer 1.7+ in particural cases. Since i mainly do Vinyl restoration, in some cases old algorithm preform better and less destructive than newer, and old decrackle module usually preforms better on inner groove distorsions in mine case. So it's possible to have multiple versions installed ? Or maybe have both algorithm's in newer versions ?

Hi!
shon3i wrote:I found recently that old Declick plugin (1.6.0) sometimes have better results than newer 1.7+ in particural cases. Since i mainly do Vinyl restoration, in some cases old algorithm preform better and less destructive than newer, and old decrackle module usually preforms better on inner groove distorsions in mine case. So it's possible to have multiple versions installed ? Or maybe have both algorithm's in newer versions ?

Strange, I we found the new version to be far superior on all our test material. Anyway, it should be possible to keep both versions. I would recommend to install the new and old versions to two different VST sub-directories. I would remove the other DLLs from the old version and only keep DeClick.dll.

Best,
Stian

Thank you. It works!

it's obvious that the new version is better in most cases, i just found particular cases where is not, and that cases are minimal (sounds of plaudit)...

shon3i wrote:Thank you. It works!

it's obvious that the new version is better in most cases, i just found particular cases where is not, and that cases are minimal (sounds of plaudit)...
Excellent, glad to hear that! :)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”