Acoustica 7.0.41 - suggestions about Analysis/Statistics

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.41, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

Two sugestions concerning the Analysis / Statistics window:

1. The name of the audio file should be included in the header of the window. If we have two (or more) audio files open and request the statistics of each file, we get two (or more) Statistics windows, all exactly with the same look except for the actual statistics, and it is not difficult to get confused here, because each window bears no identification about which file it refers to.

2. Maybe a button could be added to the window, called "Copy to clipboard", by means of which the statistics about the audio file (including the name of the file) could be copied to the Windows clipboard (I don't now how this works on a Mac computer) as text (or as an image?), so that it could later be inserted into some file of ours, for registering purposes. Taking notes on paper is tiresome and prone to error, and a plain Print Screen doesn't allow us to insert the information into a file in an easily editable manner. I think a "Copy to clipboard" button, producing a text (or image?) information on the clipboard, would be a solution to that. If the information on the clipboard were in text format, it should somehow maintain the three-column layout of the statistics, I think - an image would already be in three-column format, as it would be just a mirror of the actual Statistics window.

Best regards,

Paulo

Hi Paulo!

Thanks again for your contributions! :)
Paulo-Brazil wrote:Mr. Stian,
1. The name of the audio file should be included in the header of the window. If we have two (or more) audio files open and request the statistics of each file, we get two (or more) Statistics windows, all exactly with the same look except for the actual statistics, and it is not difficult to get confused here, because each window bears no identification about which file it refers to.
Yes, good point. We had the same issue with the analysis tools, but seem to have forgot the statistics window. We'll get that added.
Paulo-Brazil wrote:2. Maybe a button could be added to the window, called "Copy to clipboard", by means of which the statistics about the audio file (including the name of the file) could be copied to the Windows clipboard (I don't now how this works on a Mac computer) as text (or as an image?), so that it could later be inserted into some file of ours, for registering purposes. Taking notes on paper is tiresome and prone to error, and a plain Print Screen doesn't allow us to insert the information into a file in an easily editable manner. I think a "Copy to clipboard" button, producing a text (or image?) information on the clipboard, would be a solution to that. If the information on the clipboard were in text format, it should somehow maintain the three-column layout of the statistics, I think - an image would already be in three-column format, as it would be just a mirror of the actual Statistics window.
Also a good point and this is something I've been thinking about. Some kind of report generating tool would have been great. Maybe the clipboard is indeed the most flexible way. The other analysis tool (spectrum, spectrogram, wavelet, etc.) could have a similar copy to clipboard buttons. The other alternative would be export functionality to HTML, but I tend to the clipboard based solution.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”