Acoustica Premium 7.0.51 - Equalize: no help on Resonance knob

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.51, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

One more point regarding the Help files: in the Equalize module, when we change from a peak filter to a shelf filter, the Bandwidth (oct.) knob changes to a Resonance (dB) knob.

The point is, the Resonance knob is not mentioned in the Equalize help files, there is no explanation about it - the word "resonance" doesn't even exist on that page.

Also, the explanation about the Range Buttons is maybe incomplete, since the two buttons seems to be related to different scales and functions. And there are explanations that possibly require some revision, e.g., "The mid channel is the sum of the input channels multiplied by a scaling factor" - this seems to be not informative enough to me: in a stereo two-channel file, what is the purpose of a mid channel, if any? What is a scaling factor, why is it applied? Please don't answer this now, let's wait for the revised Help files.

Regards,

Paulo

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:One more point regarding the Help files: in the Equalize module, when we change from a peak filter to a shelf filter, the Bandwidth (oct.) knob changes to a Resonance (dB) knob.

The point is, the Resonance knob is not mentioned in the Equalize help files, there is no explanation about it - the word "resonance" doesn't even exist on that page.
Thanks for pointing that out. I've added a bug tracking entry for it.
Paulo-Brazil wrote:And there are explanations that possibly require some revision, e.g., "The mid channel is the sum of the input channels multiplied by a scaling factor" - this seems to be not informative enough to me: in a stereo two-channel file, what is the purpose of a mid channel, if any? What is a scaling factor, why is it applied? Please don't answer this now, let's wait for the revised Help files.
Hmm, that's actually the definition of the "mid channel" (sum of L and R reduced by either 3 or 6 dB -- the scaling factor). M/S processing is very useful and described here: https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... udio-files

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”