Acoustica Premium 7.0.51 - comparing files / multiple "Plays"

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.51, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

At the moment, I am trying to compare (by listening) sound levels and spectral characteristcs (the "colour" of sound) between two stereo files, sometimes among three or four stereo files.

If this feature of Acoustica exists, I am not able to find it: is there some way of keeping several files in the "Play" state, with the audio cursor running, but only one of them active, actually sending sound to the speakers?

What I envisage is this: we would have several files opened, one in each tab, and we could, one at a time, go to each tab and then press the Play button, so that all files would be playing, their audio cursors running. But only the file in the active tab (the yellow tab) would be actually sending sound to the speakers - the other files, in the gray non-active tabs, would be muted, although still in the Play state and their audio cursors still running. We would have only one file actually sounding at a time, but the file that is sounding could be easily changed just by clicking on a tab, since all files would be in the Play state.

Please note that we are not in a multitrack situation, the stereo files are independent from each other. Also, the sounds of the several files would never be mixed - only one file would sound at a time, the active yellow-tab one, although all of them would be in the Play state, with the all audio cursors running.

This would make the task of comparing the sounds of the several files much easier, I think. At the moment, if a file in one tab is playing and I go to another tab and click the Play button, this stops the playing of the first tab. It seems to me that the first tab could easily go on playing, but in a muted state while we are listening to the second tab.

Regards,

Paulo

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote: At the moment, I am trying to compare (by listening) sound levels and spectral characteristcs (the "colour" of sound) between two stereo files, sometimes among three or four stereo files.

If this feature of Acoustica exists, I am not able to find it: is there some way of keeping several files in the "Play" state, with the audio cursor running, but only one of them active, actually sending sound to the speakers?

What I envisage is this: we would have several files opened, one in each tab, and we could, one at a time, go to each tab and then press the Play button, so that all files would be playing, their audio cursors running. But only the file in the active tab (the yellow tab) would be actually sending sound to the speakers - the other files, in the gray non-active tabs, would be muted, although still in the Play state and their audio cursors still running. We would have only one file actually sounding at a time, but the file that is sounding could be easily changed just by clicking on a tab, since all files would be in the Play state.

Please note that we are not in a multitrack situation, the stereo files are independent from each other. Also, the sounds of the several files would never be mixed - only one file would sound at a time, the active yellow-tab one, although all of them would be in the Play state, with the all audio cursors running.

This would make the task of comparing the sounds of the several files much easier, I think. At the moment, if a file in one tab is playing and I go to another tab and click the Play button, this stops the playing of the first tab. It seems to me that the first tab could easily go on playing, but in a muted state while we are listening to the second tab.
Isn't this already simple enough if you use the space bar to start and stop playback? You can simply switch tabs and stop and restart the playback with the space bar. That's two presses instead of one, but I don't think this use case is frequent enough to justify a change in the program's behaviour.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”