T5 bugs + FRs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jules wrote:but it was sorted out many months ago and I'm not sure why anyone still mentions it!

maybe for some older users old habits die hard! :hihi:

its great to see Tracking back in action i have already sent a few new users your way since T4 :)

keep up the good work and sorry i have no free time to test at the moment!

Subz

FR: much better Video Support. T5 often crashes when playing a loaded movie. In other cases the playhead jumps, the video doesn´t run fluent.
Extraction of Audio file from Video would be great.
Other DAWs can manage video handling, too. If T5 could manage video, it would be my one-for-all-DAW.

BR: Tracktion 5.2.2 still refuses to recognise and pass AU versions of all SKNote plug-ins.

Now, SKNote AU plugs are a bit different in that they are delivered as Mac VSTs. To 'convert' them to AU, you just change the suffix from .vst to .component.

These AU:s are accepted as such and pass validation by, i. a., Garage Band and DP 7.

But Tracktion doesn't seem to even recognise them as AU:s.

Please contact Quinto at SKNote and implement a fix in T5 to accept his superior quality plug-ins.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Rumour has it, that ARA will be implemented into T5 in the near future. That´s great! Until then it would be fantastic if the function " open file in its basic editor" could be extended in the way, that the editor can be chosen from within the window "basic editing", so that i don´t have to make melodyne the basic editor for all wave files on my mbp.

On Mac OS, I have a lots of problems with various plugins who's GUI does show when you click on them, but you cannot move any slider within. Some of them are U-He Podolski, SKNote GS201 etc... I can send you whole list of plugins that have similar problem with Tracktion and not any single host besides.

lot of improvement in 5.2.2 for sequencer but please, put some visual per note velocity control.

Another quick bug with latest version: groove settings for sequencer sequences are not copied to new one created from drag'n'drop

kejkz wrote:Another quick bug with latest version: groove settings for sequencer sequences are not copied to new one created from drag'n'drop
...and fixed.

kejkz wrote:On Mac OS, I have a lots of problems with various plugins who's GUI does show when you click on them, but you cannot move any slider within. Some of them are U-He Podolski, SKNote GS201 etc... I can send you whole list of plugins that have similar problem with Tracktion and not any single host besides.
VST3's I'm assuming?

I've tried and tried and tried looking into it. It's hard to say what's going wrong for sure from our end. We need a VST3 plugin dev. who has this issue with one of their plugs to debug it in Tracktion, and let us know precisely what's going wrong.

No, most of them are VST 2.4. Since there are more than few of them, I will post my findings as soon as possible!

Shifting notes with the dedicated knobs in the step sequencer does not work how it is supposed to.

Small request, any chance we can have midi editor default to pointer instead of pencil or option to select default preference.
cheers :)
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

terrynoakes wrote:Small request, any chance we can have midi editor default to pointer instead of pencil or option to select default preference.
cheers :)
+1

jrlanglois wrote:
kejkz wrote:On Mac OS, I have a lots of problems with various plugins who's GUI does show when you click on them, but you cannot move any slider within. Some of them are U-He Podolski, SKNote GS201 etc... I can send you whole list of plugins that have similar problem with Tracktion and not any single host besides.
same here on OSX maverick with ABL2 plugins.
also, some plugins, for example fabfilter compressor, gui appears as a black window.

Not strictly a bug per se, but isn't it just a little bit ridiculous that when I place the cursor over an AU plugin 'filter' on a track, I get the tooltip "VST plugin This is a VST plugin plugin… [yes, 'plugin' twice]"?

If Tracktion can't figure out if the tooltip target 'plugin plugin' :hihi: is an AU or a VST, why not change it to just "This is a plugin…"?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Tracktion”