T5 bugs + FRs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry Tracktion if this is redundant but I'm lazy to look for this. Why not have a feature which I'll call clip loop in place for each clip. So if set, the clip just loops itself and a little curser cycles thru the clip and you dont have to drag it out on the timeline and such. but the timeline can keep playing for other clips too if you want. This would basically encompass all the DJing/composing type functionality of clip looping in ableton or bitwig but do it without adding another window or screen or whatever. That is the genius of Tracktion I would say. It's the only DAW that you truely only need one screen. Anyway, Tracktion is like a work of art it's the most innovative daw technology I've ever seen. You guys are way ahead of the game for when everything becomes touch screen. Keep up the good work.

aprzekaz wrote:Sorry Tracktion if this is redundant but I'm lazy to look for this. Why not have a feature which I'll call clip loop in place for each clip. So if set, the clip just loops itself and a little curser cycles thru the clip and you dont have to drag it out on the timeline and such. but the timeline can keep playing for other clips too if you want.…
This would be a very desirable function.

BTW, the concept is similar to how it works in Digital Performer. You can set any number of loops in a track and have them play any number of times you specify. A very nifty implementation!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
aprzekaz wrote:Sorry Tracktion if this is redundant but I'm lazy to look for this. Why not have a feature which I'll call clip loop in place for each clip. So if set, the clip just loops itself and a little curser cycles thru the clip and you dont have to drag it out on the timeline and such. but the timeline can keep playing for other clips too if you want.…
This would be a very desirable function.

BTW, the concept is similar to how it works in Digital Performer. You can set any number of loops in a track and have them play any number of times you specify. A very nifty implementation!

/Joachim
And why stop there? Have nested loops, so you can bundle up different collections of bars, such as a verse or chorus or whatever. And then allow inserts of references to these so you can repeat them any time later. Extended use of markers, beyond the merely informative. (Or perhaps that's what you said!)
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I like the idea of using references to repeat a loop at different points in a song (eg chorus loop, verse loop, etc) so that you only have to update it in one place. I think that's the concept of "ghost clips" (not the same as "ghost tracks") which many of us have been asking for, and which is probably a dealbreaker for many loop-based musicians.
Ralph Gonzalez

I've just downloaded the latest 5.4.2 update - running on Mac OSX 6.8.

Unfortunately there is still no fix for the issue of lost settings in many plugins such as ToneBoosters. A really, really big problem here, since T5 is unusable for me - and apparently other users too on the KVR forum.
I have to use older releases (prior to 5.3.14), which feature another known bug, i.e. Waves/Ampeg SVX plugins randomly reverting to default settings.
MacBook Pro i7 - 16 GB RAM
10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Tracktion 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, W8, W9, W10 Pro, W11 Pro, W11.5 Pro, W12 Pro
Logic Pro X
ProTools 9, 10, 11

AIR Musictech XPAND!2 Workstation VSTi does not load (checked in T 5.3.16 and T 5.4.2).
Makes System hang while scanning for plugins.

XPAND!2 works well in other hosts.

Win 8.1 X64

Tracktion 5.4 32-bit with Mobius looper crashing frequently on Win 7 64-bit machine.

Also, Mobius settings cannot be saved in an edit.

PM me if I can help diagnose the situation.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

T 5.42 is launching but stay in the background i don't see the gui i have launched it only one time v 5.42 i have tried reinstall but same bug any help?

Simon Posford wrote:T 5.42 is launching but stay in the background i don't see the gui i have launched it only one time v 5.42 i have tried reinstall but same bug any help?
Once again – it's pointless to complain about a bug, real or imagined, if you don't specify your system!

PC or Mac, OS version and so on.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

So, it isn't possible to report a bug without having a separate account to this database? This is the first time I've ever had a problem with T5, but since the 5.4.2 update opening the UI of Tyrell N6 (a soft synth) crashes Tracktion... I had to downgrade unfortunately.

Spitfire31 wrote:
Simon Posford wrote:T 5.42 is launching but stay in the background i don't see the gui i have launched it only one time v 5.42 i have tried reinstall but same bug any help?
Once again – it's pointless to complain about a bug, real or imagined, if you don't specify your system!

PC or Mac, OS version and so on.

/Joachim
Sorry was busy so my syst spec is:
Win 7 64 bit.
4 g0 ram
intel i5
ati radeon 5700

I have tried both 32 & 64 bit version.

T5.4.2 (Win 7, 64-bit) can normally save whether an input has "live input monitoring" enabled or disabled. However, in the Mobius recording template I created (posted in separate thread), there is complicated routing and T5 cannot recall this setting for inputs. PM me if you need the demonstration of the problem.

I want to start film scoring so tonight I started working on a portfolio. Extracted some clips from a movie and wondered if T5 can handle them. I fired it up and saw that there is a "Movies" menu. It failed to load an .mp4 file but successfully hosted a .avi clip and kept it in sync with the timeline of the audio I had recorded.

However, it was glitchy. The video sat in a window that would sometimes disappear when I used the transport and take a while to show up again. There were no other options for anything related to video.

I really like to keep my DAW focused on audio (I actually dislike the idea that a web browser in the form of marketplace is sitting inside my DAW now). So, the video playing and syncing is enough for me. But there wasn't even an option to get rid of the video file once it was opened in Tracktion.

Can we expect some polishing of this function at least by T6? I'm really trying and wanting to stay with Tracktion and minimal video capabilities would really be great for me.

Tracktion 5.4.2 and MeldaProduction Plugin Resize does not work.
Tried with mequalizer and mcompressor, with free bundel Upgrade to have Resize!

Two requests:

It would be great if stereo tracks could be easily split to dual mono and individually editable/filter-able to correct phase problems in recorded tracks. I encounter this issue A LOT and the only way I know to do it in T5 is to copy the track and select left channel for one and right for the other. Just seems like too many steps.

Also when using edit clip rendering, it appears as if time-stretching and tempo matching is default. I do a lot of mixing for rock bands and clients who don't necessarily use clicks and/or set up sessions to specific tempos. Of course I can undo the time-stretch but again, too many steps. I think that if you want tempo-matched renders, it should be optional. If there is a setting that turns this off as a default I apologise.

Return to “Tracktion”