The great plugin (in)compatibility thread

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having problems with Steinbergs Retrologue in latest version of Tracktion. Retrologue runs fine in Studio One version 2.6.3 and the sound sets Factory (included), Vintage Classics and Sounds Of Soul are all working fine.

In Tracktion 5.3.9 however, when I installed the Sounds Of Soul sound set, the other two sound sets went missing. I have been able to reinstall Vintage Classics but I can't get the Factory sounds set to show up.

This problem also exists in REAPER. In fact, the entire plug is missing in 64-bit REAPER.

I've logged a ticket with Steinberg and I've reinstalled Retrologue with "allow all users" option checked... still no go. I did not uninstall Retrologue with the new install...???

After 6 weeks, Steinberg has not resolved and does not seem to be interested... it's not Cubase!

Any ideas?
Does T5 support VST3.
Last edited by Integratron on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

It does, but not very well, it seems to be in an early phase of development. For example it doesn't support loading vstpresets which is a problem if the plugin is one that relies on the host for preset loading (as in Padshop).

aMUSEd wrote:It does, but not very well, it seems to be in an early phase of development. For example it doesn't support loading vstpresets which is a problem if the plugin is one that relies on the host for preset loading (as in Padshop).
Thanks Amused... that makes sense.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: AAS Chromaphone VST - black gui
AAS Lounge Lizard VST - black gui
Arturia Oberheim SEM V VST - black gui
Arturia Spark 2 and VDM VST - black gui
AAS Ultra Analog 2 VST - black gui
to add to the black screen plugins now I've found that the Arturia Jupiter and SEM do this too (but not the VOX) - again only the VST versions and only in 64 bit. AAS String Studio 2 has this problem too, so do 3 of the Valhalla plugins (just not Shimmer or Freqecho) - and I believe many if not all of the above are using JUCE to build their plugins - so it's beginning to look like, ironically, this may be a clash of the JUCEs :)
Add Spicy Guitar (Mac) to this list - once agin a JUCE based GUI that loads with a black screen in the 64bit VST version but not the AU. You would think Tracktion would work well with JUCE based plugins, and certainly not worse.

Air Music Technology plugins not working here:
Hybrid
Loom
Strike
Vacuum Pro
Velvet

Windows 7 64 bit, T 5.3.9 - hangs the scanner, also tried dragging the dlls to the plugin screen one by one, but same result - T hangs on each of these.

Transfuser, from the same company, works fine.

Must be Windows thing - Loom is working in the same version on Mac

However I do get cpu spikes/stutters if I map Loom's XY to a controller in T5 - not in other hosts.

aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: AAS Chromaphone VST - black gui
AAS Lounge Lizard VST - black gui
Arturia Oberheim SEM V VST - black gui
Arturia Spark 2 and VDM VST - black gui
AAS Ultra Analog 2 VST - black gui
to add to the black screen plugins now I've found that the Arturia Jupiter and SEM do this too (but not the VOX) - again only the VST versions and only in 64 bit. AAS String Studio 2 has this problem too, so do 3 of the Valhalla plugins (just not Shimmer or Freqecho) - and I believe many if not all of the above are using JUCE to build their plugins - so it's beginning to look like, ironically, this may be a clash of the JUCEs :)
Add Spicy Guitar (Mac) to this list - once agin a JUCE based GUI that loads with a black screen in the 64bit VST version but not the AU. You would think Tracktion would work well with JUCE based plugins, and certainly not worse.
Very pleased to say 5.3.14 fixes this bug - all load in T5 now without a black GUI.

However loading Spicy guitar VST now causes an instant crash (AU loads fine so I suspect this is an unexpected consequence of the fix).

mrcleats wrote:Air Music Technology plugins not working here:
Hybrid
Loom
Strike
Vacuum Pro
Velvet

Windows 7 64 bit, T 5.3.9 - hangs the scanner, also tried dragging the dlls to the plugin screen one by one, but same result - T hangs on each of these.

Still no luck -Tried 5.3.14 with the same result.

Just to make sure...

You are using T64 bit aren't you.
Most of these seem to be 64bit hosts only, except Transfuser.

Good idea - but, yes, I'm using the 64 bit version of Tracktion.

I'm having some issues with Waves plugs but it seems like it's kind of random. When I load multiples instances of some plugins like REDD, Pie Compressor or C4, the GUI will glitch out, showing tiles from other plugins I have in my folder. Very bizarre. Often plugins will default to the mono C4 plugin, no matter which Waves plug I had in a particular slot. Again, it's random and doesn't happen every time. Aside from that weirdness, I haven't had any major issues with any plugins I've used on Tracktion. Waves uses a "shell" platform and there may be some weirdness going on that may just need a minor tweak. I'm using Win7 and the 32-bit build of T5.

5.3.14 will not load Waves GTR 3.5 ????

mrcleats wrote:Air Music Technology plugins not working here:
Hybrid
Loom
Strike
Vacuum Pro
Velvet

Having the same problem with Xpand2...not loading at all on T5 Windows 32 and 64 bit. Downloaded Reaper, which I neither use or like..and it's fine...so it's not the sofware, per se

Izotope Nectar 2 GUI issues. Only the Tracktion plugin frame/border is shown using VST3 version.

Only displays correctly in 32 bit T5

Studio one 2.6.5 x64
Windows VST 64 bit
JUCE based plugins crash on start up

Return to “Tracktion”