What is your favorite T5 feature

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personally the all on one screen paradigm is what does it for me. Its great to see all the plugins on all tracks at the same time (within the signal flow context) - makes mixing more productive for me and is perfect for laptop use as I often copy effects from one track to another as needed.

It just feels light and breezy to work with even though the feature depth is there.

Cheers
Jed

Beazlebug wrote:
chico.co.uk wrote:
Beazlebug wrote:For me, the quick and clean uninstallation
Wow, do you really have nothing else going on in your life, that you need to hang round the forum for software you don't like? That's such a shame
I do like it, I bought it, perhaps in haste. Problem is Tracktion doesn't like my computer or my plug-ins. In hindsight a sarcastic post on my part, not usually my style.
Yeah, don't be coming round here with your sarcastic, confrontational posts, you'll do me out of a job ;)

Apologies from me too jumping in with both feet. And I appreciate and admire anyone big enough to say fair play, I was a bit offside. There's enough times I should do it, and sometimes do...

If you want to have a crack at sorting your problems, I'll help if l can, and you want to give it a go? I've no secret handshakes or inside information, just a punter, but I've used Tracktion as my main daw since (at least) v1.6, probably earlier, and have a pretty good grasp of ways it might do weird things, and how to get round them.

If you're happy using something else, or can't be arsed right now, no worries, but I'm a massive fan of the Tracktion workflow, and like seeing it click with people (who it suits), and them realise they can make music faster, and easier in this app than they did in other apps.

That's not everyone, obviously. Tracktion suits me very well, it gets out my way, and behaves the way I want a DAW to work, but other people love Live, or Logic, ProTools or whatever, and that's fine, and as it should be.

Point being, if you like T5, but it's doing weird things, so you binned it, happy to help troubleshoot the weird things, if you like, now or whenever.

Oh, and I've no idea if T5 is your first DAW, or you've been writing and recording tunes for decades, and code vsts for a living. Maybe you know this stuff miles better than me, if so, cool. Not trying to make out I'm any kind of expert, just offering a second opinion, if that's any use.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Thanks for your kind offer, much appreciated!. I actually upgraded from Tracktion 1 to the new version a few months ago. I never upgraded it originally when Mackie took over as the price seemed a bit high at the time. I’ve used other software in the intervening years but l always missed Tracktion (still have some of my original projects on a disc) but I remember being annoyed Mackie took over so I didn't bother after that. When I heard it was back with the original dev it was great news.
My main problem is the plugins – it won’t recognise some and I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled both the plug-ins in question and indeed tracktion (hence my sarky comment on it’s quick departure) it seems to have taken exception to some DX plugins I have installed (yeah I know, who uses them these days!) even though I don’t think Tracktion actually supports DX stuff. When I re-scan the folder it sometines hangs indefinitely. In addition some VST's don't load or some it won't load one day and will the next?

Another minor problem – the missing first note on a looped midi clip. Any ideas?
One other question I can’ seem to solve – when I have a section of the song looped, I can’t play the song from the beginning up to the looped point, it just starts at the looped section itself. Not a huge deal, but I’d be interested to know if I’m missing something.

I currently have Tracktion installed so I’ve got over my little hissy fit with it. Apart from the problem above it’s great, quick and easy to use, especially for recording hardware and guitars, no faffing around! I just can't stand being stifled when things go wrong when I'm trying to get a song down.
Thanks again for the kind words and support!

My favourite T5 feature is the new track routing options...it's one of the features I like about Ableton Live - it's so easy to chuck stuff anywhere - so it's great to see Tracktion get something like this as well.

NMG
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:My favourite T5 feature is the new track routing options...it's one of the features I like about Ableton Live - it's so easy to chuck stuff anywhere - so it's great to see Tracktion get something like this as well.

NMG
Which also highlights possibly the best feature of Traction which is that many of us asked for this feature, TSC listened, and we got it.

My fav is the routing so easy to use all daw must be like this!

I generally like everything regarding workflow with plugins in current version, from taking them in track with search, it looks intuitive, acts intuitive, and can get results I want in no time. I don't think at all, I just act, and that's quite important when you make music.

I also quite like groove creation by hand, I am lost in it all the time (lost with possibilities, in positive way). I can see a place of improvement there, like creating groove from recorded midi and organising grooves, but that is something I can live with. Not to mention that I can apply different groove to different takes, that just make me bounce! :)

Return to “Tracktion”