FR Per plugin activation

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some plugins work best as AU, some as VST2, even a few as VST3 but I really don't need copies of all three formats cluttering up the plugin menu. I don't know why all hosts don't do this - would it be possible to be able to select from a list of plugins scanned in which version actually shows (eg it could be a list with tick boxes to hide or show)? That way I can just have the version that works best in the menu.

Could you delete the not-so-good versions?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:Could you delete the not-so-good versions?
Not really, they may still work better in other hosts. For example I have a number of VST plugins that just show a blackscreen in T5 but the AU works fine, in other hosts like Kore the VST versions work better though. Then again, I can't use any VSTs in Logic. So it would be better if the host allowed customisation of what plugins appear in the menu (this would work nicely with tagging options too, which it appears are being developed).

Why do plugins have to be scanned for anyway?

Why can't we just browse and load plugins like e.g. in VSTHost and MuLab

I think it's much better that way!

in the pluginlist on the settingspage, you can delete entries (select, press delete).

then they won't show up in the list. i know, after a full rescan of the pluginfolders, everything is there again.

at the moment, i add plugins per drag and drop from the pluginfolders to the list.
it is a little more work, but everything is as i want it. this is on mac osx.

mathias

klangbastler wrote:...

at the moment, i add plugins per drag and drop from the pluginfolders to the list.
it is a little more work, but everything is as i want it. this is on mac osx.

mathias
That's what I do too. (Win 7-32)

Don't like automatic scanning.

Always more prone to 'freezes' and crashes!

Return to “Tracktion”