Tracktion Linux FAQ

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

As said before, I downloaded and installed Tracktion 6.1 yesterday.

It always fails with the first plugin no matter if LADSPA or VST, no matter, what Plugin it is.
nostrum fungitur

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

As I said: Tracktion 6.10 built 7 April 2015
nostrum fungitur

I now got a change.

After I installed Tracktion I set it to run with Jack as usual, then I changed to the Plugins panel to experience the crash. Whenever I retried I did not mention, that Tracktion did not store the setting and tried to run with Alsa.

So now I changed to Jack and then closed Tracktion to make the change permanent.
As Tracktion now runs with Jack it scans the Plugins as expected.

Interesting.
nostrum fungitur

I am sorry to ask such a dumb question, but can I somehow get ZynAddSubFx to work under Tracktion 6.1 on Linux (64bit Xubuntu)? I installed "sudo apt-get install zynaddsubfx" but it's not visible in Tracktion's plugin list. And I am not enough expert to compile it from sources.

Also, are there other easily obtainable free synths that can be used in Linux Tracktion? I only found Tunefish...

Thanks.

falkTX wrote:zynaddsubfx is not a plugin, it's a standalone.

For some extra linux vst plugins for tracktion see http://distrho.sourceforge.net/ports
Thank you. I am seriously thinking about buying DiscoveryPro synth from DiscoDSP (http://www.discodsp.com/discoverypro/) which is not cheap but the demo version seems to work great with Tracktion and could probably synthesize almost any sound I am intersted in. Any caveats about this?

I also have a small problem with most VST plugins in Tracktion: When I click their icon in Tracktion, the plugin window often appears ridiculously small (about 100x60 pixels) and I have to quickly click on the plugin icon several times to make the plugin window appear normal size (or resize it by hand). Is this something can be fixed e.g. in Xubuntu window manager?

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

solved
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

When the zynaddsubfx plug in is done please shout it from the roof tops! Thanks

obx777 wrote:When the zynaddsubfx plug in is done please shout it from the roof tops! Thanks
8)
linux

I'm wondering if its just Arch users who can't use recent T6 releases with MIDI hardware due to ALSA MIDI devices disappearing after a few minutes of running T6, if it affects all distros or if its just my install?

I don't have this issue under qtr or A4 though so its seems to be a Tracktion issue. I've reported this to support.

If it helps, never had problems with tracktion, alsa-midi and opensuse.

Return to “Tracktion”