UAD plugin GUI Question

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A long while back while using T4 I was on the phone with a tech from UAD who helped solve a minor problem with a plugin.

During the course of the conversation he asked me to select a preset from the drop down list located at the upper left hand portion of the plugin's GUI.

I told him that there was none. He was surprised and said that perhaps Tracktion did not yet have its code set to show all the features of the UAD plugins' GUIs.

Time has passed, and my question is:

Is anyone using T5 and are in fact seeing drop down lists for presets in the upper left hand portion of any UAD plugin?

Since T2 I have been using the more primitive Load/Save Preset function located at the bottom of the UAD plugins.

Tracktion has the dropdown list in the properties panel (called 'program') where all UAD presets are accessible (and also the ability to save and load as .fxp).

Thank you frankvg. I was aware of that Tracktion feature, and it is good that it is there.

My inquiry was focused on finding out whether

(1) I was alone in getting "partial" UAD plugin GUIs (in which case I would examine all parts of my system, including video card) or whether

(2) other UAD plugin/T5 users were also experiencing this, in which case I would add T back into the analysis.

Yes. Confirmed.

There is a difference in how the UAD plugs show in Tracktion vs., say Presonus Studio One. In the latter there is a pull down list at the top, left, for quick selection of presets. In Tracktion, no such list appears, though you can navigate to the folders containing the presets from the LOWER left folder icon (next to the blue 'UAD-2' logo). Just tried it with a range of UAD plugins and the same for all of them. That's on Mac OSX 10.9.5
Mac : Apogee Ensemble: Presonus Studio One: Universal Audio

Thank you 66d35.

This will now be a question for the good people at Tracktion Software Corp.

Perhaps there is something peculiar to JUCE that will not permit the full UAD GUI to display?

Return to “Tracktion”