T6 track recording wtf..

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frankly, I just can't believe this.

How is it possible that the third main version of the resurrected Tracktion can't guarantee the single most fundamental prerequisite of a DAW: recording integrity under all circumstances?

In its current state, T cannot be considered a serious tool. It may be acceptable for hobbyists to lose some guitar or VI noodling. But what if someone should get the ill advised idea to use Tracktion for, say, recording a concert?

How is it even possible that sexy new features have been allowed to take precedence over the most important aspect of all?

I'd be interested to see what TSC is going to do to restore confidence in what is apparently a seriously compromised product.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

It's a bug that wasn't present in the previous version, that's all, I think the underlying problem is TSC need to strengthen their beta testing process which is clearly not fit for purpose.

Spitfire31 wrote:Frankly, I just can't believe this.

How is it possible that the third main version of the resurrected Tracktion can't guarantee the single most fundamental prerequisite of a DAW: recording integrity under all circumstances?
Significant bugs can get introduced to the most mature software. As aMUSEd says, I think its more a question of beta testing.
TBH, the fact that T6 includes a T5 license makes me think that, T6 is 'internally' seen by TSC as being in a bit of a beta state. I guess that needs clarified.
TSC wrote:We have combined T5/6 licenses so folk who want field tested stability can run T5 and still explore and experiment with the V1.0 of T6 while it becomes field stabilized!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Very well. But I can't remember such a potentially disastrous bug having been introduced in Logic, Digital Performer or Live, for as long as I've been using them.

It's a major confidence spoiler, IMO.

/Joachim

Yes, I moved the Tracktion window and it stopped playing , so yes this is different then T5, I'm sure TSC will get it fixed . Another thing I noticed is the metronome while recording can't be turned on if its off or turned off when its on . Kind if funny .

I'd like to add another note from when I was testing.

I noticed a few times when I had two tracks set up and enabled, that when I hit record one of them disappeared and only one track started recording. I would stop, pull the input that disappeared up again, enable it, and hit record and like clockwork the OTHER input would disappear. Pulled that one up again and the third time it would always work. This happened only once or twice out of many attempts, but if anyone wants to try to recreate it, it might be worth looking into.

Spitfire31 wrote:Very well. But I can't remember such a potentially disastrous bug having been introduced in Logic, Digital Performer or Live, for as long as I've been using them.

/Joachim
It's a bug. Nobody did it on purpose. It'll get fixed.

It's pointless saying "I can't remember this kind of bug in X software", because X software will have their own list of bugs, that got through, then got fixed. Which may or may not have affected you, on your hardware, in the way you work, or didn't affect you at all.

If you want to help get it fixed, do, but screaming "WHY OH WHY OH WHY" doesn't move anything forward
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

i am glad to see, that the dedication of some here for finding the issue, brought some light into this!
thanks for that!! :clap:

i hope this will lead to getting t6 fully stable again in that regard.

klangbastler wrote:i am glad to see, that the dedication of some here for finding the issue, brought some light into this!
thanks for that!! :clap:

i hope this will lead to getting t6 fully stable again in that regard.
Nah, we should all just use Audacity. ;)

Have you tried running T6 in admin mode ? Do so and see if you get the same results.

Spitfire31 wrote:How is it possible that the third main version of the resurrected Tracktion can't guarantee the single most fundamental prerequisite of a DAW: recording integrity under all circumstances?
I would imagine it's because they've just implemented the real-time audio waveform drawings that people have been asking for and then they didn't test under unusual circumstances like very long recordings or switching tabs while recording.

It's a painful bug to discover, though.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

VariousArtists wrote:
jabe wrote:Audacity may be more suited to this task.
I'm afraid, old bean, in your wish to help see the O.P. accomplish his task, you've missed the point by the odd light-year or three. We will, of course, have to remind you of this several more times before the thread ends.
I did indeed miss the point. In my defence, I have recently been using Audacity on a glacially slow PC to record some radio progs (shhhh!) that I used to be able to download with no effort. At the moment, only some decreasingly baffling VB code is stopping me from doing so again.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

chico.co.uk wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:Very well. But I can't remember such a potentially disastrous bug having been introduced in Logic, Digital Performer or Live, for as long as I've been using them.

/Joachim
It's a bug. Nobody did it on purpose. It'll get fixed.

It's pointless saying "I can't remember this kind of bug in X software", because X software will have their own list of bugs, that got through, then got fixed. Which may or may not have affected you, on your hardware, in the way you work, or didn't affect you at all.

If you want to help get it fixed, do, but screaming "WHY OH WHY OH WHY" doesn't move anything forward
First: Are you insinuating that I screamed "WHY OH WHY OH WHY" anywhere? Please support your allegation by quoting, verbatim, that post. Otherwise, it's a misrepresentation and an insult. So, take it back, please.

Second: It's not "a bug". It's a mother of bugs – one that can irrevocably compromise a potentially critical recording that you just made.

Third, and my main point: The fact that TSC, through obvious skimping on beta testing, allows such a potentially crippling bug slip through, reveals a lot of the company culture.

I have a standing list of plug-ins that still don't work in T5 or T6, while they work just fine in Logic, DP and Live. But instead of cleaning up such minor issues, TSC prefers to release new, sexy and bug ridden features.

There are a lot of trains available. I'm not travelling any further on this one.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Well, just when you thought the testing was over, time to see if its fixed in the latest beta. Fast work if it is.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6064395

- Fixed a crash when deleting tracks using other tracks as inputs
- Fixed an issue where recordings would disappear if tabs are changed

whyterabbyt wrote:Well, just when you thought the testing was over, time to see if its fixed in the latest beta. Fast work if it is.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6064395

- Fixed a crash when deleting tracks using other tracks as inputs
- Fixed an issue where recordings would disappear if tabs are changed
Good sign that they have put it out as a beta this time, that's what they should have done before.

Return to “Tracktion”