T6 feature requests and bugs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Awesome! I have downloaded the Tracktion v6.0.25 64-bit for Windows installer and updated my copy of Tracktion 6. The two issues that I reported (EzMix2 in rack preset crashing to desktop and the inability to create unique instances of a rack preset) appear to have been corrected. Thank you so much! Well done! :clap:

I now have a couple of requests regarding the Windows installers for both Tracktion 5 and Tracktion 6:

[1] Please provide a way to distinguish between the 32-bit and 64-bit installations of Tracktion 5 and Tracktion 6 in the Windows "Uninstall or change a program" dialog box. For example, if I wanted to uninstall the 32-bit version of Tracktion 5 or 6, I might accidentally uninstall the 64-bit version instead.

[2] Please persist the Destination Folder from the last install of Tracktion and recall it in the next run of the installer. I do not install Tracktion to the default location (C:\Program Files\Tracktion 6, or C:\Program Files (x86)\Tracktion 6), so when I want to upgrade to the latest version, it is a real time-waster to have to browse to the location where I installed it to last time:

Thank you for your time and consideration! :)
Last edited by tonedef71 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Bug: Crashing consistemtly when trying to rezise the interface of Squaredheads' NORA

Using the demo (info from log file)
Tracktion 32-bit version: 6.0.25 (Built: 19 March 2015)
Mac OSX 10.9.5
CPU: 2800MHz Cores: 8 4096MB

20 Mar 2015 18:52:22 Attempting to load VST: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Other/Sequencer/Nora.vst
20 Mar 2015 18:52:22 Creating VST instance: Nora
20 Mar 2015 18:52:23 Initialising VST: Nora (V2.5.0)

Also, I get the same results using:
Tracktion 32-bit version: 5.4.3 (Built: 14 January 2015)

AFAICT the plugin works fine otherwise. This occurs using the full version of NORA and demo version(s) of Tracktion.

If you need a copy of the log file just let me know where to send it. In addition I will be posting this same info in the SquaredHeads forum.

HTH.

Hello,
FYI - Tal Noisemaker drop down boxes (such as Osc1waveform and PortamentoMode) are not working in T6 64 bit. They do work in T5 64 bit.
If you could please fix, it would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jason

jayzotos wrote: FYI - Tal Noisemaker drop down boxes (such as Osc1waveform and PortamentoMode) are not working in T6 64 bit.
Probably some other JUCE based plugins have same issue.
Drop down boxes are drawn on background of plugin window.

Hi,

The developper's can permit to personnalise the Language file. Like this, everybody can modify the Wiki Language and everyone can use his language file.

Regard

mochiaki wrote:
jayzotos wrote: FYI - Tal Noisemaker drop down boxes (such as Osc1waveform and PortamentoMode) are not working in T6 64 bit.
Probably some other JUCE based plugins have same issue.
Drop down boxes are drawn on background of plugin window.
Same with Valhalla Vintage Verb .... :dog:

Track tagging feature request.

In the track tagging menu there could also be a "hide tagged tracks" option. This could allow for some more creative uses of tagging. Pretty obvious, but just to clarify it would be the opposite of "show only tagged tracks" meaning that when this option was selected, highlighted tags in the track tag menu are hidden.

Edit: Another really cool option would be to alt-click the track tags to hide them and then they get highlighted with a different color.

It would let me hide my muted comp groups after I render them, without having to tag all the other tracks in my edit. The advantage of this is that you could recall your comp groups easily for changes, while keeping them totally hidden when not in use.

Let me know if there is already something like this.

Feature Request.

Please make it so "Add Marker" is an editable Keyboard Shortcut. It can be frustrating to try to add markers on the fly since [Enter] often does something else so it doesn't work to add a marker the first time you press it.

Very minor bug. [Edit: Fixed!]

The small marker icons don't always update properly. Try scrolling through the marker track using ALT+K and when you get back to the marker track closed state the small marker icons will be invisible until you move the edit. I think you need to have more than one marker for this to happen. It's not a big deal, but a little weird.
Last edited by Kang on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think that second one should be fixed in the next release (6.0.26)

UncleAge wrote:Bug: Crashing consistemtly when trying to rezise the interface of Squaredheads' NORA

Using the demo (info from log file)
Tracktion 32-bit version: 6.0.25 (Built: 19 March 2015)
Mac OSX 10.9.5
CPU: 2800MHz Cores: 8 4096MB

20 Mar 2015 18:52:22 Attempting to load VST: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Other/Sequencer/Nora.vst
20 Mar 2015 18:52:22 Creating VST instance: Nora
20 Mar 2015 18:52:23 Initialising VST: Nora (V2.5.0)

Also, I get the same results using:
Tracktion 32-bit version: 5.4.3 (Built: 14 January 2015)

AFAICT the plugin works fine otherwise. This occurs using the full version of NORA and demo version(s) of Tracktion.

If you need a copy of the log file just let me know where to send it. In addition I will be posting this same info in the SquaredHeads forum.

HTH.
Update: The problem above appears to be fixed on my system with the latest 2.51 update to NORA.

feature request:

it would be great to have a way to make the resources window (where the cpu per plugin is shown) stay on top. maybe a switch somewhere.

right now it goes behind the main window, when changing windowfocus.

hey guys....always loved your tool...and it keeps getting more interesting.

1. A midi note mapper filter. So when you are creating a custom drum kit in a rack filter by layering VSTIs, the incoming midi note doesn't have to play the same note on every vsti. If ur layering a snare with a clap from 2 different vstis, the sound you want probably will not be on the same key C2 for instance.
2. A transpose filter. So when you are creating a custom instrument in a rack filter by layering VSTIs, the incoming midi doesn't have to play the same octave on all vsti layers.
3. A crossfader filter. So with layered VSTIs in an instrument rack, you can record automation of crossfade morphing between the layers.
4. Parameter modulation filter. So you can modulate a plugin parameter by multiple methods.
5. A macro knob filter. So you can map multiple controls from multiple VSTs and filters in a rack filter to a single knob for recording automation.

These features would release many people from Ableton's stronghold, as even though tracktion's visual signal routing is not obtuse like abletons, the intuitiveness and immediacy of their racks, chains, parameter modulation,and macros is quite compelling.

This also prevents people from having to use a tool like MUX inside of tracktion.
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

great idea those special rack tools!

Tracktion already has a midi modifier transpose tool.

I don't use a lot of midi myself but have you tried pizmidi tools?
Win 32/64 Osx and Linux and all free.
http://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=pizmidi

Copy Plugins Bug.

I made a discovery on one of my least favorite bugs. It's all about saving.

Insert a new plugin and change the settings. CTRL+drag it somewhere and the copy will have default settings as opposed to a direct copy. Now save the edit and try the same thing. It works! This can be a major workflow killer as saving is not always wanted.

[EDIT: Fixed, thanks!]

Quick brainstorm: Maybe SHIFT+drag could be copy plugin with default settings instead of direct copy like CTRL+drag, as I can see that being useful in some situations.
Last edited by Kang on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tracktion”