T6 on Linux crash when i try to drag some loops...

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to do something with Tracktion 6 on Linux (Xubuntu 14.04.2) but, frankly, I'm a little discouraged ...
I have several loops on my hard drive, but very often (almost always ...), if I try to drag one loop onto a track, Tracktion crashes and it disappear from the screen ...
I tried both the stable version (6.1.10) that the latest beta (6.2.0) but nothing ... Alsa, Jack ... whatever you want, when I touch a loop, it is a crash ...

Any help is really appreciated :-)

Sounds like it might just be a bug in Linux.

You can check the crash log yourself, scroll down to the bottom and look where it says it crashed to see if it gives any clues (that's how I check to see if it's a certain plugin). Otherwise make a copy and send it to support. They should hopefully take care of it soon.

To get to the log file, go to help (bottom left) --> show tracktion log file.

Hello Kang and thank you very much for your advice;-)

I will try to do my best to figure out, from the log file that you have shown me, where could be the problem ...
I'm not a programmer but I use Linux (as well as Windows and Mac) for quite some time now and I would love to be able to use Tracktion on open source os...

I had the same thing happen to me to some of my loops on windows7, it showed the loop as some ridiculous bpm like 1987.989876566 and then crushed T6, so i placed the file in the soundforge and I resaved it without metadata, and then the file worked it T6 or T5.

I can confirm I've experienced the same behaviour in T6 Linux.
However if I set Loop Previewing under Loop Database to "Don't match tempo or pitch" it all works fine!
Except that it wont match tempo or pitch...

I've reported this to TSC
"Ubuntu Studio 16.04 with KXStudio"

Still crashing in 6.2.1 :( :( :(

Now at 6.2.3 and the crash fiesta continues. Wouldnt say linux is supported by TSC. Too bad. Have to move on, impossible to be creative in a crashing T6. :( :x :evil:

Storfot wrote:Now at 6.2.3 and the crash fiesta continues. Wouldnt say linux is supported by TSC. Too bad. Have to move on, impossible to be creative in a crashing T6. :( :x :evil:
TSC added a Linux developer to their crew earlier this year. He may have a lot to do.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”