HELP HELP, midi plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just don't understand. Been searching, watching video's for an hour now but can't find it.

I just want to create a very simple basic newby midi drum track. I can assign a midi track but then I need to connect a virtual instrument to this virtual keyboard. There I'm stuck........
My plugins seems to have only effect-plugins and no instruments what so ever. So is T6 delevered without any instruments at all?
If so, where do I get those? In videos they are talking about have too much... yeah sure. How get some...

There are thousands of free virtual instruments out there, google is your friend
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Maybe you can give me a tiny little bit more help? Do they all work? Or do I need VST or VST3 or only 32 bits or........

I dont actually have Tracktion myself but if you go here
http://bedroomproducersblog.com/free-vst-plugins/
its a good place to start, other places are available
try and get 32 bit vst's if Tracktion is 32 bit and visa versa for 64 bit
not sure about whether Tracktion is vst3 compatible so maybe just go for vst
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Free drums all formats

http://www.powerdrumkit.com/
https://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins ... mmer+Small

They have different approaches to generating midi.
In Tracktion you can use the midi output of one to play the sounds of the other so you can mix and match.

Have fun.

p.s. The Melda free bundle is worth grabbing.

Hi Ben,

I downloaded the free MTPowerDrumKit2, copied MT-PowerDrumKit.dll and MT-PowerDrumKit-Content.pdk to the VST directory. Scanned it and Tracktion says "Failed to load MT-PowerDrumKit.dll"
Oef...Any thougts?

What version did you get?

I'm on windows 10 64 bit.
I can't remember if I'm using VST or VST3 (I'm not at home, probably VST3).

Make sure you have the right 32/64 bit variety. You can also drag the dll into the plugins tab rather than doing a full scan.
Both should work though.

I tried both 32/64 bits copied them in the right VST/VST3 folders.
My T6 is 64 bits.
For the 32bits I get "failed to load"
For the 64bits I don't get any error but I don't see any plugin listed.

To Traction I want to say: WHY don't you have a good working tutorial about this. It's taking me already hours to get tis working.

I am on windows 10 also.
WOW, the drag into the plugin tab seems to do the trick :o
Thanks for this vital tip.

Just one thing to get me virtual drumming: I use the virual keyboard and clicking with my mouse is somewhat .. $#@
I do see the keyboard key -a- to -l- being send to this keyboard, but there no drumsounds are present.
Looking for a way to reassign the keys

Most drum plugs I have seen use a low octave.
You could move the inputs down two octaves by inserting a midi modifier.
Two in series will drop 4 etc.

Some plugs allow this kind of setting within them, or have full remapping internally.

If you are going to do a lot of this Piz midi have a free suite of tools which will allow you to map anything to anything.

Return to “Tracktion”