Free Server Space To Host A Tune?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All

My current ISP is pissing me around preventing me from uploading any files (they seem to think that a web address is the same as an ftp address and that I should upload to a www address, unless I am deluded they are muppets).

So, does anyone know of any FREE sites where I can upload a bootleg mix I've done in Tracktion, it is only 5Meg, so not huge. I just want to be able to provide people with links to it so they can check it out...

Thanks guys and gals

i find Angelfire perfect for hosting my tracks in a free webspace. just go to www.angelfire.com and register an account.

they're picky about links to your files tho - it's easiest to give a link to your page there, with a link on your page to the file in question. The alternative is to make sure that whoever is downloading from a direct link to the track does it by RIGHTCLICK->SAVE TARGET AS...

i believe you get 20Mb of free space. more than enough for one or two tracks.

an alternative is to register at www.soundclick.com, which is good as they have streaming facilities, but people have to register to actually download the mp3. that's free to do too, but for some its a bit annoying. that said, most people here on KVR have already faced this and registered already. personally, i use both - i point people to the soundclick one first, but provide a link to my angelfire space too for the lazy sombichs :D ;)
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

Hey there, thanks for the heads-up, it seems to be fine for my needs.

cheers

Try Picosong .
I Always Use It When I Want To Share Something Out Of Soundcloud With No Limitations.
But It Always Will Be Good To Save The Generated Adresses So You Always Will Be Able To Delete Your Stuff In The Future As Well.
Greetings Alex.

Thanks Alex - but 12 years too late ;)

prupert wrote:Thanks Alex - but 12 years too late ;)
That's amazing, i totally didn't click the dates till you said. I read this thinking "angelfire are still going...?"
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”