Launchpad with Tracktion like Ableton

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone tried using launchpad with Tracktion for live performance? I want to do something similar to launching clips with Ableton but in Tracktion. I like Tracktion better than Ableton ( obviously ) but am having a hard time figuring out how I can use it live. Does Tracktion have a live clip mode? If not has anyone been able to use a looper like Mobius with tracktion? What would a setup like that look like? Thanks!

P.S. this is not a Tracktion vs other DAW discussion. Please no 'Why would you use Tracktion?' comments. :D

really dont think you can do anything like this,as you can in ableton,as the launchpad was made with abletons session view in mind

Aw, that's too bad:( I read some old posts that Möbius was writing extensions to make Möbius work with the launch pad but it was unfinished. Did they ever finish that?

It's only been a little less than a month since I've started playing around with tracktion, but I don't think it's possible under any circumstances. It's not like say "reason" where things can be added continuously with audio running (etc). It pretty much needs to be able to completely stop and start over.

Seems to me that if you're more comfortable with producing in Tracktion, use it for production - but then use Ableton to perform live.

Best of both worlds :)
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Return to “Tracktion”