Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote:If you wee referring to my earlier "modular" comment
this is what I meant:
https://ask.audio/articles/getting-modu ... ects-racks

They call it Plugin Rack.
Only VST effect or can use VSTi's? ...

tracktion was modular via its "rack"-functionality since the first version. usable with effects and instruments. nothing new here.
tracktions rack functionality and "modular-ness" was one of the reasons i got interested in it back then.

i suspect they call it modular mixer, because it can change its appearance very flexible? maybe some kind of visually-modular?
just a guess ...

whatever it us, we will see when the first demo-version comes out.

klangbastler wrote:
i suspect they call it modular mixer, because it can change its appearance very flexible? maybe some kind of visually-modular?
just a guess ...
As I said before, I think what they mean is every element can be rearranged - ie not just plugins but also things like faders and visualisers - in the classic Tracktion view (the horizontal mixer chain). It's not a fixed strip with slots you insert plugins into like in most DAWS.

yes, makes sense :)

In mixer mode, it looks like you can click on each track to add a plug-in, rather than having to drag it from elsewhere. The other mixer controls appear to be about size.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

mojkarma wrote:
chico.co.uk wrote:Who upgrades to cubase elements? I'd rather use a four track
Does it really matter what you personally would use? I'm speaking generally. Just because it is called Cubase Elements, doesn't mean it's elementar in its functions and features.
No, it doesn't really matter what I personally use, but I was speaking generally too. Who upgrades to use Cubase Elements? Does that happen? I'd be surprised if that's a big market share, people who got a free copy of cubase with an interface, then upgraded to Cubase Elements. Maybe I'm wrong.

Tracktion has needed some kind of "built in" sound generator for forever, IMO, for new users, and never really found one that fitted, and stuck. You basically can't really install it and start really recording anything, with just a midi keyboard. You need to add some VSTs, free or otherwise first. I'm not sure how many other DAWs have that issue. Reaper? I don't know ...

So I can see why they'd add some kind of multi-instrument sampler/instrument, to address that issue. The price bump doesn't bother me, but as you say, it doesn't really matter what i think individually, in terms of market success. Will it dissuade people from trying it? I hope not, but i'm sure they looked at what's available at various price points before deciding what to do. I like the look of the new midi editor, and hopefully the new sampler has some fun sounds or features.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote:Tracktion has needed some kind of "built in" sound generator for forever, IMO, for new users, and never really found one that fitted, and stuck. You basically can't really install it and start really recording anything, with just a midi keyboard. You need to add some VSTs, free or otherwise first. I'm not sure how many other DAWs have that issue. Reaper? I don't know ...
I can understand your argument, but from the perspective of someone who upgraded from T2 to T4 when TSC resurrected it, and every single version since, I'd really rather have an upgrade path without extras, and I'd find it hard to imagine that anyone who's already got some full version of Tracktion isin the situation you're talking about.

And lets be honest, if the cost of T8/WF is going up to $99, then the annual upgrade cost is probably going to go up as well, and Im not so sure that we'll get regular new 'content' (needed/wanted or not) for the extra. For me, where its not my primary DAW, that could take it out of 'automatic no-brainer' territory, and into 'wait for a sale'.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:I can understand your argument, but from the perspective of someone who upgraded from T2 to T4 when TSC resurrected it, and every single version since, I'd really rather have an upgrade path without extras, and I'd find it hard to imagine that anyone who's already got some full version of Tracktion isin the situation you're talking about.

And lets be honest, if the cost of T8/WF is going up to $99, then the annual upgrade cost is probably going to go up as well, and Im not so sure that we'll get regular new 'content' (needed/wanted or not) for the extra. For me, where its not my primary DAW, that could take it out of 'automatic no-brainer' territory, and into 'wait for a sale'.
I don't really disagree with any of that. Although I kind of *don't* have a sampler i like, and install whenever i install Tracktion ... so i don't hate the idea of having it, if it turns out I like it. Suggestions for an alternative decent cheap/free general purpose sampler welcome...

But I would like an option of a small waveform installer that bundled the sampler, but didn't require the install of the default 5 gig sound library. Then an option to download and install small sample packs, maybe made by users, and a way to make and share your own. Having a handful of decent usable drumkits, with layered samples appeals. I kind of use sampletank 3 as a multi-instrument these days, but it's a big install, so something smaller i don't hate would be nice

But yeah, i totally get that a lot of non-newbie users may not want/need another sampler / sample library
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

+ 100 ! (@ chico.co.uk)

Lutin mutin
(A very long time user of T)

I'm not sure if it's clear whether Collectiv is a standalone VST as well, or if it is bundled into Tracktion (I really hope they learned their lesson with T3 plugins here)?

If it's standalone, and I see no reason why they'd ignore it as a potential revenue stream, then I can see installation being handled through the Marketplace rather than the T installer; plus the library.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:I'm not sure if it's clear whether Collectiv is a standalone VST as well, or if it is bundled into Tracktion (I really hope they learned their lesson with T3 plugins here)?
T3 was entirely Mackie and nothing at alll to do with anyone at TSC.
mcnelson wrote:If it's standalone, and I see no reason why they'd ignore it as a potential revenue stream, then I can see installation being handled through the Marketplace rather than the T installer; plus the library.
It was adapted from the BioTek code. There's been no hint of it being available separately, but I do expect it to totally standard VST and usable with other DAWs.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I just wish they would set a date for release.... :)
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

gesslr wrote:I just wish they would set a date for release.... :)
This! Plus upgrade pricing and hopefully upgrade bundle pricing info would be great too. Thinking it's time to finally pull the trigger on Biotek and DAW essentials. Come on TSC, you know you want my money, let's go. :hyper:
Logic/DP/FL/Tracktion, Komplete, Scuffham, EZD, Mac

jabe wrote: T3 was entirely Mackie and nothing at all to do with anyone at TSC.
If I'm not mistaken, Woody was the Program Manager for Tracktion at Mackie.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

mcnelson wrote:
Well glad he's with TSC now. Woody is great.
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

gesslr wrote:
mcnelson wrote:
Well glad he's with TSC now. Woody is great.
Absolutely, no disrespect to Woody, just saying he goes way back with Tracktion :tu:
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

Return to “Tracktion”