How to deal with the clock synchro via USB?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a Roland Gaia SH-01 I use as a sound card connected via USB to my PC. This synth can receive a clock synchro from any external device. Here is what the owner manual says:
This specifies what the tempo of the arpeggiator and phrase recorder will
be synchronized to.

PATCH:
They will synchronize to the tempo saved in each patch.
SYSTEM:
They will synchronize to the common tempo (System Tempo) of the entire
SH-01.
MIDI:
They will synchronize to MIDI clock data received at the MIDI IN connector.
USB:
They will synchronize to MIDI clock data received at the USB connector.
Exactly what would be useful for me! I have a Gaia patch including a ping-pong delay, and it would be great if I could have this delay synchronized with a tempo variation in Tracktion 5. But I can't find out the way to do this, because T5 seems to send no clock information through the Audio/USB outputs, and T5 MIDI outputs can't help me for there is no such connection between my PC and the Roland Gaia.

Could someone suggest me how to deal with this problem? Any advice would be really appreciated.
What could life be, without music?...

No one to help me, and tell me how T5 could send midi clock data via USB?

go to the timecode tab in the bottom left corner in the edit. You will see all your internal and external time sync options here.

Thank you for this tip. I've tried everything, but at least only midi data through midi devices (and cables) can be transmitted by this way. I guess I have to get a small midi interface to use this feature.

Return to “Tracktion”