Arpeggio generator weirdness

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When changing note length, the length of each chord changes. This can't be right, can it?
The only note length that gives the same chord change spacing as in the chord and bass track is 1/4 note triplets. Weird, no?

Yes, Stuttaton, have stumbled over the same thing, thats crazy and makes it nearly worthless, you cant even make something like a normal guitar picking as soon as you have more then one bar patterns.

Seems like we are digging in the sam holes :lol:

What would you like to happen? The chord gets left the same length and the pattern continues in the next chord?

The chord must keep the same length as the chord and bass tracks. It should just change the number of notes depending on the note length you choose.

First: chords must stay the same, if I choose a chord progression for 8 bars these must stay, evrything else will be absolute confusing.

Second: to make "normal" arp behaviour work with the waveform midi pattern generator general concept I think a button is needed where you can choose on how many bars the pattern should be rely on.

For example: you have these 8 bars progression, you choose "1 bar" as setting, then the pattern will be repeated 8 times, pattern=bar. If you choose "2 bars" as setting it will be repeated 2 times, so as you described it will be "stretched" on 2 bars. This way it could be very flexible and easy to handle like normal arp (of course I dont know how "easy" it will be to realize in between you general concept :hihi: , just spoken as user).

Return to “Tracktion”