List of things that simply don't work.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. Collective randomly stops playing sound.
I have two tracks with Collective and both are having this problem. You can see the keys pressed inside the plugin but there is no sound. Restarting project sometimes help, but not often. Restarting Waveform does the job.
It can bork itself in the middle of MIDI clip. Just because...
Also it seems to be Collective problem because putting different instrument on the track doesn't have that problem.
2. Moving playback line/cursor is REALLY choppy whenever I put MidiEditor in separate window.
It just doesn't update when mouse is moving. Inside the Editor window it's smooth. On the main screen it looks as if I was using potat PC.
3. Looping MIDI clip makes the first note not working.
Again it's something that likes to break after some time. Put a note at the very beggining of a clip and the only thing that comes out is click. After delaying that note ~20ms it works as intended.
4. In MIDI editor - selecting notes with right mouse button is a recipe for a quick crash.
Also the selection box stay visible after mouse release.
5. vstInstruments can break into not having sustain, just single pluck.
It happens with Collective and few other instruments. Sound is stopping after the first sample(???)/frame.
6. Velocity number indicator in MIDI editor is not updating while changing it with SHIFT + Mouse.
Only after selecting the note once again i returns current value.
7. Sometimes putting vst on master bus will simply not work.
In that case the whole project is borked because there is no way in million years master bus will take a vst.

With all these shenanigans using Waveform is simply not an option :neutral:
Some of these were a problem in T6. Waveform just added new ones :party:
Please, crush these bugs :pray:
Cheers :phones:

version? platform?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I can confirm that I have seen issue #1 with collective firsthand.

Waveform: 8.0.27
Collective: 1.0.3
Windows 10 64-bit

In particular I noticed it with the drum kits. After some period of time certain drum sounds stop playing, then everything out of collective stops playing. The solution for me is to delete and re-add the plugin, but obviously this isn't ideal, so I don't use collective much.

Waveform 8.1.0 and whatever version I had before.

Windows 7 64bit

I can confirm issue # 4 is the same in OSX 10.11.6

pacmanpl wrote:1. Collective randomly stops playing sound.
I have two tracks with Collective and both are having this problem. You can see the keys pressed inside the plugin but there is no sound. Restarting project sometimes help, but not often. Restarting Waveform does the job.
It can bork itself in the middle of MIDI clip. Just because...
Also it seems to be Collective problem because putting different instrument on the track doesn't have that problem.
Thanks, we are aware of this and are looking in to a fix but it's been difficult to replicate. It doesn't seem to happen on every machine.
2. Moving playback line/cursor is REALLY choppy whenever I put MidiEditor in separate window.
It just doesn't update when mouse is moving. Inside the Editor window it's smooth. On the main screen it looks as if I was using potat PC.
I've not seen this, is the CPU usage particularly high? Is it always choppy or do you need to have a complex Edit for it to start getting choppy?
Again it's something that likes to break after some time. Put a note at the very beggining of a clip and the only thing that comes out is click. After delaying that note ~20ms it works as intended.
Thanks, I'm not sure exactly what the cause of this is but we are planning to improve the MIDI note handling later on in the year.
4. In MIDI editor - selecting notes with right mouse button is a recipe for a quick crash.
Also the selection box stay visible after mouse release.
Thanks, this has been fixed and should be sorted in the next release, 8.1.2.
It happens with Collective and few other instruments. Sound is stopping after the first sample(???)/frame.
Can you provide a bit more detail about the circumstances in which this happens?
6. Velocity number indicator in MIDI editor is not updating while changing it with SHIFT + Mouse.
Only after selecting the note once again i returns current value.
I can't seem to replicate this either. If a shift drag a note, the velocity is immediately updated in the properties panel.
In that case the whole project is borked because there is no way in million years master bus will take a vst.
What VST are you using? Are you sure that your tracks are outputting to the "Default audio output"? These are the only tracks that go through the master bus.
With all these shenanigans using Waveform is simply not an option :neutral:
Some of these were a problem in T6. Waveform just added new ones :party:
Please, crush these bugs :pray:
Cheers :phones:
If we can get to the bottom of the issues, we'll fix them :wink:

It's not an issue anymore in 8.1.2.
Smooth as butter <3
https://youtu.be/kXqMuc9dIOY
This is very random and doesn't happen often... After some mad clicking around it can "fix itself".
Gonna keep my guard when messing with MIDI keyboard.
I mean this one:
When you collapse bottom toolbar you can't see the big velocity bar.
You can only add up to four master plugins
Welp, now I know! :party:

If you're not using submixes and/or need to put lots of plugins on the Master there's a simple, albeit not necessarily obvious, answer: use a Rack (it'll allow you to put whatever plugins you want/need/your computer can run on the Master). It may not be as convenient because you have to click into it before you can edit things, but it does work.

vitocorleone123 wrote:If you're not using submixes and/or need to put lots of plugins on the Master there's a simple, albeit not necessarily obvious, answer: use a Rack (it'll allow you to put whatever plugins you want/need/your computer can run on the Master). It may not be as convenient because you have to click into it before you can edit things, but it does work.
Yup, I was thinking exactly the same thing! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Step Clips -
1. I'd like to be able to drop a step clip in and use a preset I made.
2. Then if I make a copy of that clip and I decide to fill it will another preset I made - it fills visually - but still plays the 1st Step Clip preset.

It's almost as if I have to drop a whole new step clip just to fill with a new preset. I mean is that due to loss of memory in the program?

geqfreq wrote:Step Clips -
1. I'd like to be able to drop a step clip in and use a preset I made.
2. Then if I make a copy of that clip and I decide to fill it will another preset I made - it fills visually - but still plays the 1st Step Clip preset.

It's almost as if I have to drop a whole new step clip just to fill with a new preset. I mean is that due to loss of memory in the program?
I'm not able to replicate this say I do the following:
1. Drag "Step Clip: Blues 1" from the search panel on to a track and set it playing
2. Copy that clip to a new clip and position it afterwards
3. Select the newly copied clip and press the "Load Preset" button
4. Select a new preset e.g. "Step Clip: Funk"
5. The step clip interface changes and the played pattern also updates

If when you change the preset and then press the panic button in the transport area, does the audio update to reflect the UI then?

If when you change the preset and then press the panic button in the transport area, does the audio update to reflect the UI then?
yes - thank you it does work after hitting the panic button the new clip plays - it would be nice if the buffer allowed it to play when the clip is loaded.

pacmanpl wrote:5. vstInstruments can break into not having sustain, just single pluck.
I am seeing this, as well, with one plugin in particular - Virsyn Tera 3. I am using Waveform 8.1.2 on Windows 10, 32 bit version. When pressing a note, whether on the Waveform virtual keyboard, the on-screen keyboard within Tera 3 or my external midi keyboard, the note does not sustain and stops playing as soon as I press the key - sounds like a pluck, no matter which preset I use. This same plugin works correctly in Tracktion 7, as well as other DAWs on this machine (e.g., FL Studio). Please help!!

bharris22 wrote:
pacmanpl wrote:5. vstInstruments can break into not having sustain, just single pluck.
I am seeing this, as well, with one plugin in particular - Virsyn Tera 3.
A fix for this will be in the next release.

Return to “Tracktion”