Multiple audio interfaces & Tracktion

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone. I was hoping to find out if it's possible to use multiple audio interfaces with Tracktion 5. I have Behringer UMC404HD 4X4 audio interface (with USB connection), which my band uses for live multi track recording. It works fine as it is. I was wondering if I had an additional interface, would Tracktion 5 recognize both interfaces, or only one or the other?

My idea is, if Tracktion will recognize more than one interface, I could buy an additional interface, and we could record 8 tracks simultaneously (as opposed to only 4 now). I'd just like to find that out before spending any money. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

What OS are you on? In macOS you can create an aggregate device in "Audio MIDI Setup" and then use that.

dRowAudio wrote:What OS are you on? In macOS you can create an aggregate device in "Audio MIDI Setup" and then use that.
and in Windows, you can create an aggregate device with ASIO4All and then use that.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks to both of you for responding. We are using my bandmate's laptop, and I believe the OS is Windows 8.1. I will definitely try out the aggregate device method. Thanks for that tip!

Return to “Tracktion”