Midi Editor in Waveform 8.1.2 hangs while editing pitch wheel event

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

While trying to edit a pitchwheel event from 100% to 50% (by selecting a point on the line, holding down the mouse button and dragging downward), a tiny red dot is shown at the point where I am trying to edit the pitchwheel event, and then the whole Midi Editor window gets stuck in some endless loop and the rest of the Tracktion UI is unresponsive. My only recourse is to kill the MidiEditor process. Please see the embedded GIF recording.

By the way, it does not matter if the Midi Editor is docked or not, although if it is undocked, it appears to be modal and insists on being on top of every other window in the OS.

I am running 64-bit Waveform on Windows 10 Pro x64.

UPDATE: The issue is still present in the 8.1.4 BETA version of Waveform 8.

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hmm... the hanging also happens while editing the pitch wheel data in a tracks's MIDI clip editor as well. The only recourse is to end the Waveform task:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Could you send an archive of that edit to roland@tracktion.com and I'll take a look at it. I can't reproduce it with a new edit. Is it only that one edit that hangs or can you reproduce it with a new edit?

R

FigBug wrote:Could you send an archive of that edit to roland@tracktion.com and I'll take a look at it. I can't reproduce it with a new edit. Is it only that one edit that hangs or can you reproduce it with a new edit?

R
Thank you for the reply. An e-mail has been sent with the requested attachment.

I have done nothing else to try to reproduce this issue. The MIDI clip with the problematic pitchwheel events was drag/dropped into Waveform from the new Riffer utility of Ample Sound's virtual guitar VSTi plug-ins.

Hi. Is this issue going to be fixed? In the mean time, do I just need to load my MIDI into another vendor's DAW in order to edit my pitch wheel events?

Apparently, this issue is not limited to just pitch wheel events. Trying to click and dragging other event data in a controller lane will freeze the DAW. Simply selecting the Pencil tool also causes the DAW to get stuck.

With the latest 8.1.16 beta build, I found a way to unfreeze the DAW: click the close button on the main window and when the close confirmation dialog appears, click the cancel button to return to the now unfrozen DAW.

Waveform has some nice improvements over T7, but its MIDI data editors still need work to be reliable and useful.

So far I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, I'll give it another try.

FigBug wrote:So far I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, I'll give it another try.
I am running Waveform 8.1.16 on Windows 10 Pro x64 (version 1607), if that makes any difference.

I can reproduce it now, it requires a lot of clone clips.

FigBug wrote:I can reproduce it now, it requires a lot of clone clips.
Ah, yes... I have been making heavy use of the linked clips feature. Good catch! :tu:

This will be fixed in the next beta

FigBug wrote:This will be fixed in the next beta
:tu:

the version before 8.2.0 work on my system. In 8.2.0 is the problem in but happen not allways. when draw with ctrl+ mouse is draw, reaction is very slow. it was same problem as in more older versions, then it work some versions ok, now it is in again
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “Tracktion”