Compressor plugin sidechaining in Bitwig

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I wonder if anyone have had success with sidechaining using the Compressor VST plugin (DAW Essentials) with Bitwig Studio?

I can't get it to work even if I route another track into the plugin via Bitwig's sidechain plugin routing function. I do it exactly the way that it works to sidechain into other plugins (and it works with them) but I don't get any sidechain signal into Compressor.

I am using Bitwig 2.1.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 and Mac OS Sierra with the same problem on both platforms.

Richard

You might be in the wrong forum :)

Since the plugin is made by Tracktion and the only plugin I tried with a sidechaining function that doesn't work in Bitwig it might be a problem with the plugin. That is why I am posting here.

Ahh I see, ok, as you were !

riwid wrote:Hi,
I can't get it to work even if I route another track into the plugin via Bitwig's sidechain plugin routing function. I do it exactly the way that it works to sidechain into other plugins (and it works with them) but I don't get any sidechain signal into Compressor.
Richard
The plugin may not be fully compatible with BItWig Studio, also i think the plugins were made to be used specially in the Tracktion/Waveform DAW.
Quad Core | 16GB DDR4 | 240 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD | FLStudio ASIO | 1 GB Video | W10 x64

That would be weird. If they are made for Tracktion's DAWs why do they then charge 150$ for AAX,AU and VST plugins that is not fully compatible with other DAWs? It is against the whole idea about portable plugins. Since the manual says that the plugin has sidechaining functionality I expect it to work in any sidechaining compatible DAW.

I just wanted to check if anyone else have experienced the same problem. But now I will mail the support instead :-).

No, they're definitely supposed to work across DAWs, but I'm guessing most folks who have purchased them here are just using them in Waveform, or at least not in BitWig. Hopefully support can get you straightened out!
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

riwid wrote:That would be weird. If they are made for Tracktion's DAWs why do they then charge 150$ for AAX,AU and VST plugins that is not fully compatible with other DAWs? It is against the whole idea about portable plugins. Since the manual says that the plugin has sidechaining functionality I expect it to work in any sidechaining compatible DAW.

I just wanted to check if anyone else have experienced the same problem. But now I will mail the support instead :-).
i have problems with VST3 Sidechains in tracktion as you can see viewtopic.php?f=22&t=490701 , i don't know whats wrong with tracktion and vst3 sidechians but i am shure that the way it works is not the same than other daws, because no problem with sidechains on other DAWS, just Waveform. That's why i say they are made to be compatible with tracktion and it may not be comatible with other DAWS
Quad Core | 16GB DDR4 | 240 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD | FLStudio ASIO | 1 GB Video | W10 x64

Return to “Tracktion”