Collective Public Beta 1.1.2 Available

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Benutzername wrote:
Uhotug wrote:For the Collective... the developers have not managed to release a single normally working version of VSTi, but they have managed to release so broken version that they was forced immediately take it aways from downloads... with next 2 weeks of silence.
The last post from a Tracktion official was on Oct 25th. Time to worry?
You must have missed the Mackie years!
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

magicmusic wrote:maybe the developers own no actual windows 10 64 system or are too lazy to install it. there is WinToUSB program out. with this you can install windows 10 on a USB drive/stick and boot from it. so you need not touch your boot sector. because windows work 30 days without activate there is enough time to test.
You really need to stop talking shite.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

@chico.co.uk wy is this shit. I test yesterday the newest win 10 that is available on since some weeks on a fresh install. take me 10 minutes with windows to go. I install then waveform and test. silence problem come soon in the 8.1.2 version (in which developer say they get the bug not). when i reduce in BIOS from 4 core to 2 cores, then it work much better.(i notice during test no sound dropput) so its clear it is not a win 10 install problem and seem have something to do with thread communication errors.

maybe developer can tell, what they fix that the newer versions work better but not perfect. is this timing problem or what ?

there is opensource vsti synister, maybe they can see how this should work, that it is thread safe
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

It's insulting to say people are too lazy to test software they sell, on windows. You have a tendancy to post random opinion pieces that sound semi-technical, with little justification, that don't stand up to much analysis. Eg, OSX is linux. Eg, telling pro-audio devs to look at open-source software, to learn how to handle threads, or floating point integer comparisons. Eg, this software has probably never been tried on machines with more than two cores.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6845105

It's noise, but it's not useful noise. You should really stop making that kind of noise.

did you know another software that have such problems such long time ?. so something they do wrong. they do not tell on which win 10 64 and which CPU number it work ok. I dont believe they send me the source so i can compile collective waveform myself with some parameter log output inside, so i can see what goes wrong.

maybe most leave tracktion, or use it only for audio . so there is no confirm from a windows 10 64 user and what CPU he have that it work. I get very often promotion mails from tracktion, this motivate me to look again into it, maybe it work better. from concept and features i like tracktion, only the many problems it have i like not. now i am sure, it is not my windows install. so problem should happen on all CPU with 4 or more core and simular speed if test. It is possible to change clockspeed of the motherboard. so can make the CPU 50% slower, disable turbo boost if this problem with very fast cpu really not happen

Waveform has the same problem on Linux and it gets better too when I reduce the number of cores. This is a plain thread sync issue in the code of Waveform, not the OS. Things like that are not easy to debug but it can be done if someone really wants to.

However, I'll stop here. I was only using Waveform lately to check if the latest updates have made this program work at all. I don't trust it enough for productive work anymore. That's a shame as I really liked the concept. Maybe I'll try it again at V10 or so.

magicmusic wrote:now i am sure, it is not my windows install. so problem should happen on all CPU with 4 or more core and simular speed if test. It is possible to change clockspeed of the motherboard. so can make the CPU 50% slower, disable turbo boost if this problem with very fast cpu really not happen
me wrote:You have a tendancy to post random opinion pieces that sound semi-technical, with little justification, that don't stand up to much analysis.

chico.co.uk if you think someone always write wrong because you think he have do it once, is really bad opinion from you and it is so called black white thinking. nobody know all 100%. I have written this "they call their linux version darwin" . so my sentence say clear that i not write what you think that mac os = Linux. i mean with linux version, that they use opensource code, that is unix like API. i explain that later. and another user post, that Mac kernel is a certificate Unix. the web engine mac OS use. it is opensource, it is mostly used in linux and from developers that use mostly Linux. nobody can tell if darwin really contain no codelines that are develop for Linux on Linux Systems and stay under GPL. If apple use such code they must make it opensource. and mac darwin is opensource

Edit: i have only written because drowaudio (seem one of the reaper developer) have written that he not test on windows with this sentence
I've personally tested Collective on macOS 10.12.6 and Ubuntu 16.04

Please stop about Darwin and linux. This is gibberish. The sentences that follow each other don't even make internal sense. "nobody can tell if darwin really contain no codelines that are develop for Linux" - how can people not tell, if it's open source? Please don't answer that. You're simply talking nonsense. It's not open source because of anything to do with Linux. It just isn't.

drowaudio didn't say they haven't tested on Windows, he said he personally tested Collective on OSX and Ubuntu. He's not the developer of Collective. He also doesn't develop reaper, although that's just a typo, I guess.

Yes, i mean not reaper, i mean collective and waveforms. I talk no nonsense, the Facts are the same. There is nobody from the developers that can confirm on which CPU type, win operation system collective and waveform work ok. Wy nobody give this information, what do you think ?.

MAC OS darwin is opensource and the webkit engine too.
Darwin is an open-source Unix operating system released by Apple Inc. in 2000. It is composed of code developed by Apple, as well as code derived from NeXTSTEP, BSD, Mach, and other free software projects.

Darwin forms the core set of components upon which macOS (previously OS X and Mac OS X), iOS, watchOS, and tvOS are based. It is mostly POSIX-compatible, but has never, by itself, been certified as compatible with any version of POSIX. Starting with Leopard, macOS has been certified as compatible with the Single UNIX Specification version 3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_(operating_system)
WebKit is a layout engine software component for rendering web pages in web browsers. It powers Apple's Safari web browser.WebKit's HTML and JavaScript code was originally a fork of the KHTML and KJS libraries from KDE,[1][6] and has now been further developed by individuals from KDE, Apple, Google, Nokia, Bitstream, BlackBerry, Igalia, and others.[7] macOS, Windows, Linux, and some other Unix-like operating systems are supported by the project.[
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebKit

Any news on this topic?

And I'm not talking about this Darwin/Linux OT BS!

magicmusic wrote:Yes, i mean not reaper, i mean collective and waveforms. I talk no nonsense, the Facts are the same. There is nobody from the developers that can confirm on which CPU type, win operation system collective and waveform work ok. Wy nobody give this information, what do you think ?.

MAC OS darwin is opensource and the webkit engine too.
Darwin is an open-source Unix operating system released by Apple Inc. in 2000. It is composed of code developed by Apple, as well as code derived from NeXTSTEP, BSD, Mach, and other free software projects.

Darwin forms the core set of components upon which macOS (previously OS X and Mac OS X), iOS, watchOS, and tvOS are based. It is mostly POSIX-compatible, but has never, by itself, been certified as compatible with any version of POSIX. Starting with Leopard, macOS has been certified as compatible with the Single UNIX Specification version 3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_(operating_system)
WebKit is a layout engine software component for rendering web pages in web browsers. It powers Apple's Safari web browser.WebKit's HTML and JavaScript code was originally a fork of the KHTML and KJS libraries from KDE,[1][6] and has now been further developed by individuals from KDE, Apple, Google, Nokia, Bitstream, BlackBerry, Igalia, and others.[7] macOS, Windows, Linux, and some other Unix-like operating systems are supported by the project.[
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebKit
"Open Source" and "Linux" are not synonyms. They're not the same thing. You seem to think they are.

magicmusic wrote:MAC OS darwin is opensource and the webkit engine too
Since you acknowledge that Darwin is open source, you acknowledge that people can tell that code from Linux is not present, despite your claim that they cannot.
I have written this "they call their linux version darwin" .
Darwin is not a version of Linux. That's a fact.
nobody can tell if darwin really contain no codelines that are develop for Linux on Linux Systems and stay under GPL.
Yes they can. The source code for Darwin is mostly open source, some is closed. The source code for Linux is open source. Therefore it is easy to tell if any of the open Darwin code borrows from Linux.

Darwin is not under the GPL. It is mostly, but not entirely, under a license called the Apple Public Source License. If Darwin used any code under the GPL, then all their code would have to be released under the GPL, that's the point of the GPL. Apple do not want to have to release certain parts of their code, so they cannot use any GPL'd code. If they try to do so in secret, then that would be illegal, and Apple are not quite that dumb.

Meanwhile all this handwaving of yours about Linux and Unix and Windows and OSX, which is mostly based on miscomprehension and misinformation, is irrelevant to the actual topic at hand, ie resolving bugs in TSC products. Please give it a rest, and desist from turning your chinese-whispers misunderstandings into spurious assertions about the capabilities of seasoned developers far above your obvious Dunning-Krugerisms.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Any news on this topic?

And I'm still not talking about this Darwin/Linux OT BS!

Benutzername wrote:Any news on this topic?

And I'm still not talking about this Darwin/Linux OT BS!
Hi mate. You're not the only person on the forum, folk will discuss what they like.
Why don't you email support and ask them, if there's no feedback here at the moment?

Return to “Tracktion”