Very annoying behaviour Submix/Foldertrack

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don´t know if this was always like this or an annoying bug, but:

1. additional automation tracks get unattached from the main track as soon as they get packed in a folder or submix... meaning automation tracks normally can be hidden with this little triangle from the main track, which disappears as soon as they get packed...
1b. plus "Hide all automation curves" does nothing!!!

2. the same happens if submix gets packed into a submix (which is no longer a submix then)

Apart from this I notice more and more Waveform crashes to desktop by inserting VST/i... often without noticing by the app, meaning even with autosave enabled, there is no question after reloading the song, if you want to restore the last saved version or the backup...

These crashes happen randomly... there is absolute no way of recreating...sometimes with Waves plugins, sometimes with Fabfilter, yesterday I inserted Maag EQ4... poof....

I would really like to use Waveform as my main DAW, but still no way... sadly :?

On top of this:

1. renamed alias of the plugins doesn´t appear in racks, where the original name is used
2. not being able to drop plugin presets on racks
3. Track tags have to be entered every time again completely... no way to choose from existing ones
3b. Some tags in the search tab of the browser often disappear after saving a plugin preset and can only brought back by deselcting i.e. the plugin search and reselect again...
4. as already reported... having only an unquantized clip as option for inserting a new one is an absolutely no-go as Waveform cannot even handle this itself
5. Deselected plugins in the settings window (with removed mark at "Show" column) still are listed in the browser
6. GUI: The seperators in between the tracks are far to big as is this very ugly red frame around a selection
7. Already reported latency bug in racks
8. Silly question, but why in the name of the lord has the play cursor to move at the end of a from the browser dropped clip??? What does this serve other than making me see red???
9. Very slow redrawing of peaks, if timestretch on a clip is enabled...
10. Fades being visible on audio clips like gain and pan settings

Cannot remember the other ones atm, but there are about 20-30 points more...
This to my own frustration sums up more and more...

Big bug as well in the midi editor:

1. Timing of duplicated/copied notes f*cks up if a pattern generated clip is present:
- create a track with a pattern generated clip on i.e. a chord
- make a second track with a 1 bar clip
- turn quantize to 1/4 beat, note length 1/4 beat
- insert 4 1/16th notes in the first beat
- select the notes and ctrl+drag them to the right
- in the moment as you drag them over they start to mess up... sometimes you see all 4 notes, sometimes only 3 I had already moments, where only 2 were visible...
Same happens sometimes (more often in a more complex project) by duplicating the notes by key command...
Seems as you more you use the pattern generator, the more the disappearing (perhaps overlaying) happens

2. Try to change the velocity with the pencil tool
play a bit around with selecting notes and you´ll see stickiness, unresponsitivity etc...

Trancit wrote:I don´t know if this was always like this or an annoying bug, but:

1. additional automation tracks get unattached from the main track as soon as they get packed in a folder or submix... meaning automation tracks normally can be hidden with this little triangle from the main track, which disappears as soon as they get packed...
1b. plus "Hide all automation curves" does nothing!!!

2. the same happens if submix gets packed into a submix (which is no longer a submix then)
Can you provide some steps to replicate this behaviour please? It seems to work for me:
Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 11.43.57.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dRowAudio wrote: Can you provide some steps to replicate this behaviour please?
Try insert some automation points on the lane and try again...
Try with just one automation lane...

This is how it looks here:
mine.jpg
Version: Waveform Version 9.1.1 (Built: 6 April 2018) (64-bit)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I know, what you´ve done different:

You made this example from top to bottom, meaning you first created the Submix 1, than Submix 2 and than you added the automation lanes...

Try other way round: first the automation lanes, than group a few tracks (including the one with the automation) into a submix and than into a second...

I mean, that is the more realistic scenario anyway other if you create a template...
You work on a specific sound/track add some automation to it etc..., than you work on a different sound/track... afterwards at some point you decide to put them into a submix... later perhaps in another submix...
I don´t think many people have the structure first layed down, knowing how many automation tracks they need, how the submix structure of the entire project will be... etc...

Ok, I see what's wrong, it's not that I created the submixes first, it's that I only selected the audio tracks then "Create submix track containing".
The bug appears if you have the automation tracks selected as well.
I'll add this to the bug tracker, thanks.

dRowAudio wrote:Ok, I see what's wrong, it's not that I created the submixes first, it's that I only selected the audio tracks then "Create submix track containing".
The bug appears if you have the automation tracks selected as well.
I'll add this to the bug tracker, thanks.
Thx for the workaround... this works here as well... :tu:

Return to “Tracktion”